“We enjoyed this hotel overall, BUT the beds not so much”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The hotel is nice, the lobby has running water (a stream or creek) throughout making for a nice sitting area in the evenings. There is an open bar in the evenings (better to enjoy the lobby ambiance), and a breakfast buffet. The breakfast includes a grill with made-to-order pancakes, french toast and omelets.

The staff was nice, but not really friendly, just polite. The hotel is clean and inviting. The rooms are suites, so the sitting area includes a TV and desk, with a door between the bedroom and the sitting area. This is nice if someone wants to stay up and someone else wants to sleep. There was a TV in both rooms.

One other downside here, was no free wi-fi in the rooms. In fact, there did not appear to be wi-fi in the room at all, though there was ethernet (wired). There was wi-fi in the lobby, which was free for the first 24 hours.

You have to pay for parking, but can park yourself and use the cross-walk to the hotel. Or there is valet offered at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 2, 2010

We stayed here on a business trip. The rooms are decent sized/suite style. The hotel was kept relatively clean.

I left an expensive watch in the room during a day trip. When we returned I could not find it. At first I thought I had misplaced it. Then when we were out the following day it re-appeared on a table in the room. It had been re-set to Central time (we were from the East Coast). Someone had swiped it, re-set it, and then apparently got cold feet and returned it when we were out the next day. It is an expensive chronograph - it does not adjust itself. I then went to see the acting "manager" - a young lady who expressed no interest in what had happened and clearly had no intention of addressing my concerns. Theft can happen anywhere, but it is easy to drop one's guard on an extended trip at a supposedly upscale hotel.

Beware - your personal items may not be safe at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Revstay01
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I traveled to Lincoln on business, and was very impressed with the Embassy Suites! The rooms were very clean and spacious. All of the staff (front desk, breakfast staff, housekeeping and valet parking attendants) were courteous, helpful and friendly. I especially enjoyed the fact that the hotel served a complimentary breakfast with an omelette station! In addition, the manager's reception in the evening provided complimentary appetizers and drinks which I only took advantage of one of the nights, but was nice nonetheless!

The location is also terrific and a very short walk to a number of different restaurants in the Haymarket area! I was able to eat a few different restaurants and was satisfied with everything! If I ever came back to Lincoln, I would definitely want to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank elocin822
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Got a room for free through HHonors points (if you're not a member, become one; it is free and the perks are good) for my friends and I to have a night on the town. I had booked a king bed room as that's all that was available, wanting 2 queens. Manager made the change immediately at check-in with no questions; very friendly staff.

Pros:
Clean, safe, good location, great space, great linens, great comfy beds. on-site resturant food was great!

Cons:
Breakfast line was long (ok, it was a Sunday morning...)
Breakfast food was just ok...I would stay away from the prepared eggs and potatoes, but the made-to-order stuff was just ok. Mostly lacked flavor. (The guys cooking were really nice, though. I would have tipped them if I had any cash.)

Costs:
30,000 HHonors points (worth every one)
$15 valet parking
$45 meal for 3 guys at on-site Embassy Suites Grill (Not too shabby; we could have eaten in the hotel room for 15% more)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank OmahaTravel
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My family and I reserved a room for 2 nights here for my sister's graduation. The reservation was apparently guaranteed, which turned out to be total bull. We arrived on time, luggage and all, and they say, "Sorry but we have been overbooked, you can stay in our conference room with a roll-away bed for free?" I would have thought they would at least call us to give a heads up that we have absolutely nowhere to sleep, but they decided to just see if we don't show up so they can charge us a no-show fee, WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A ROOM FOR US. What type of cheap, disgusting policy is that?. So here we are, stuck in Lincoln with all our luggage and nowhere to stay, and the Embassy Suites offers no help accept a poorly worded "Sorry." If you plan to stay here, don't fall for the "Reservation Guaranteed." You'll end up sleeping in a cot bed in a hot, crowded conference room. If that's not bad enough, you have to pay EXTRA money to park in their parking garage, $1 an hour. They do this because there is no other place to park in this crowded little city. The "High Speed Internet Business Center" is nowhere near high speed, nor does it allow you to even check your email without being stopped by a "Page Blocked" sign. This hotel didn't even meet the standard of a little bit clean. The breakfast area was over crowded, messy, and covered in sticky syrup. I have a large family, so I politely asked assistance from a waiter if i could move two tables together, who expectedly rolled her eyes and ignored me. So much for "Incredible Staff." I know I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank beccap727
Reviewed April 30, 2009

As can be hoped for and expected of an Embassy Suites, this Lincoln-NE hotel was built around a soaring interior atrium with comfortable seating spread through a garden-like environment with a bar in the corner.
The rooms, or suites, were comprised of one large bedroom, ours with large queen/king bed, large bathroom and large living room including sofa+chair, TV, writing desk, coffee table. Everything was perfectly clean and modern and the bedding was of great top quality soft linens. The bathroom was spacious, very clean and great hot water pressure in the roomy shower.
A swimming pool and jacuzzi are in the hotel, valet parking is prompt and the location is in the center of Lincoln, near the university and downtown shops/bars/restaurants.
Large banquet halls are available for rent, as we used one for a wedding reception and were very happy.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank washbrol
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed there for 2 nights recently on the basis of other Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. A last minute booking got me a reasonable room rate with evening manager's reception (very generous with nibble and drinks) and cooked to order breakfast included. The Embassy Suites location is very central to the Haymarket area, which suited me.

My room on the seventh floor was opposite the 3 elevators, however this was not a noise issue at night at all. I had a 2 room suite with the first room being a casual sitting area with TV, office desk and bathroom. The bedroom area with TV could be closed off from this and provided excellent noise insulation.

The suite was generous in size, very well appointed, squeeky clean and had a very comfortable bed. Shower water pressure was excellent and temperature consistent ( a personal bugbear of mine).

What set the Embassy apart was the friendliness of the staff. All were chatty, polite and helpful. That is what separates the "excellent" from the "very good" as it adds a touch of atmosphere and interest.

I had one meal in the restaurant and appeared to be the only diner, however the food was very good. The manager's reception choice of drinks was extremely generous as was the nibbles, the breakfast likewise with decent coffee to boot.

Positives: lots of them as above and other Trip Advisor reports
Negatives: paying for internet access (US$9.95 per 24 hours). Free internet is becoming the standard for good business hotels, but this is a minor quibble for me.
Nearby points of interest: Lazlos (2 or 3 blocks) for prime rib and Scooters (2 blocks) for the best coffee. Lots of interesting shops, cafes etc nearby but I will mention Bluestem Books at 137 Sth 9th for those who like to haunt second hand book stores.

I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo