“Wedding Happiness”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We booked a block of rooms for our wedding guests and everyone was very happy with the rooms. The process of booking went very smooth and the girl who helped us was amazing! My husband and I also received an upgrade to a presidential suite of some sort, which we had not planned on so that was an amazing surprise! Overall, amazing place!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was met by the valet the minute that i pulled into the entrance of the hotel. The check in took only seconds and was very satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and the whole feel of the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is very helpful as you don't have to try to find somewhere to get breakfast before my meetings. The complimentary reception was a nice wind down to the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is my second review of the Embassy Suites. (Tripadvisor doesn't allow editing of existing reviews.) When I'm visiting Lincoln (two boys in college there) I always stay at the Embassy if rooms are available. It costs more, but the suite-style rooms and spectacular breakfast make it worthwhile. Unfortunately on my most recent stay I discovered that they have switched to a coffee machine that dispenses *instant* coffee. It was undrinkable, and I think it's worth mentioning that when I visited a budget hotel in Fargo, ND a couple of days later, they had the very same machine!

I experienced two little glitches with the valet service during this visit. My car wasn't ready when I went outside to pick it up, even though I gave 30 minutes notice and 45 minutes notice on these occasions. The guys were *running* from the hotel to the garage to get cars, so I don't think it was necessarily their fault. The National Guard marathon was happening that weekend, so maybe the hotel should have planned their valet staffing better. All in all, though, still highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and always find it quite comfortable with engaging and helpful staff. After leaving the hotel this time I discovered I had left a small box containing nice jewelry. Uh oh. Called the hotel and was directed to housekeeping where to my delight the cleaning person had turned in my jewelry and marked it as coming from my room. I am so grateful to the housekeeping staff for their honesty and professionalism!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love Embassy Suites for its best value of any upscale hotel chain. The Lincoln ES was no exception - outstanding rooms and breakfast. The parking was a refreshing experience for one who lives in a big city and pays the high parking prices. City parking is right across the street from the hotel and charges one dollar per hour up to nine hours. It then levels at nine dollars for 24 hours, so for our two day stay (less than 24 hours), the self-parking was only nine dollars. The hotel is located adjacent to the University of Nebraska, close to the Haymarket shops and restuarants, and in downtown Lincoln. Could not be more convenient for any visitor.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the side of the hotel adjacent to a busy street which detracted from a sound...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice hotel. Good overall value. Some of the fixtures, carpet, and overall furnishings are a bit dated and certainly beginning to show their age but overall a nice experience. The staff was friendly and the location in downtown Lincoln was within walking distance to where I needed to be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Angenehmes, sauberes Ambiente und freundlicher Service. Das Frühstück war für amerikanische Verhältnisse gut, ausser der Kaffee ;-). In Gehdistanz zum Haymarket mit einigen guten Restaurants.

Nice, clean and friendly service. The breakfast had for american standards a quite good selection of choices. In walking distance to the Haymarket with some good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple