“Not bad”

New Victorian Suites Lincoln
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was part of a group that stayed at this hotel over the weekend of 10/26/11. The lobby and room were very clean. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. There was one issue with the room that I didn't feel needed to be addressed and that was one of the wall lamps was missing a lamp shade. Bed was okay with very nice bedding material. Amenities in bathroom consisted of shampoo and soap. Shampoo was great for even my tortured hair. As a hotel manager I can say that the room and bath were very clean and in good order.

Breakfast was so so. I was there for 3 mornings and every morning it was biscuits and gravy, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit (not in great shape), yogurt (yea - light available), big choice of sweet rolls for the sugar addicts, toast, bagels, juices and I think there were toaster waffles in the frig with the juice and yogurt. Assorted teas, coffee and hot chocolate for beverages. Nice selection but every morning (6:30 am time frame) I watched guests "sawing" at the biscuits. Even with gravy on them. I settled for yogurt and oatmeal.

I also was comparing room locations with other members of the group that had their rooms reserved by the group coordinator. We were all clusterd around the ice machine on two floors. You could hear the ice machine in each of our rooms. Kind of frustrating to have to work a long day after a night of hearing ice drop. This is a group that comes back to Lincoln year after year at this time but this was our first time at this hotel. We all shared our input with the group coordinator.

Would I stay here again - no - I would stay at one of the other hotels that I prefer in Lincoln that have great beds and better breakfasts. Would I recommend to friends - probably - since each person has different tastes.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machines, elevator area. Quietest rooms would probably be in the north west a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 20, 2011

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was always polite and really helpful. The room was large and everything I needed was included. The breakfast was also good and there were several supermarkets very close, which was really convenient. I also enjoyed the swimming pool and the fitness room, that was great!
Very good value for the price!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank fanon06
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was a great location just off the Interstate and convenient to downtown York where we had things going on this weekend! Friendly staff, nice big room with 2 queen beds, swimming pool, nice continental breakfast! We had plenty of room for four of us and the bathroom with commode, shower/tub and sink with vanity was in addition to another larger sink and vanity in the main room. Very good accomodations for us!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Great place to stay! The employees are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. They were also honest and gave me a discount on one of the nights when I wasn't expecting it and was already planning to pay for the full amount. Nice to see people doing what they can in this day and age with this economy. Would gladly stay there again! I didn't use the pool and hot tub, but wish I would have...it looked great!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We got a great rate on the room by booking through the internet. Be aware that by booking the best rate it also comes with a 2 day cancellation policy. The room was spacious, quiet and clean with a new flat screen TV. I prefer a completely contained bathroom but this one had the sink and vanity outside the toilet/bath area, but certainly doable considering the room rate. The breakfast was standard fare with biscuits and sausage gravy, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, rolls, pancakes, fruit, etc.

There is a newer Hy-Vee store right behind the hotel which has a Caribou Coffee outlet, Chinese Express, Italian Express, hot & cold deli and restaurant style seating, bakery, etc. I opted for the Caribou coffee rather than hotel coffee and took a quick walk through the parking lot in the morning.

The hotel is conveniently located and there are several stores within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel away from the elevator and ice machine. I gave the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curly
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Great stay. Very clean. Dion was helpful and very courteous.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Trust the TripAdvisor reviews on this one. It's not the newest hotel, but it's very well maintained with clean, large rooms and it's obvious the management cares. New big flat screen TV's, mini-suite rooms with fridge & microwave, includes breakfast - all for a really reasonable rate. Only complaint is the breakfast coffee is terrible - but for the rate, stay here and get morning coffee in the Caribou in the really nice Hyvee grocery store next door. Will definitely stay here next time passing through Lincoln.

• Stayed: September 2011