“Inexpensive, delicious & great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Venue Restaurant & Lounge

Venue Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Venue Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 653 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Venue's team of culinary chefs put together a diverse menu summarized as American Continental cuisine with ethnic influences. The menu features Premium choice steaks, fresh seafood, brick oven specialty pizzas, superb soups, salads, pastas, and succulent desserts. Venue is the perfect place to relax for a snack, enjoy happy hour specials, enjoy a meal or an entire evening. Venue offers three private dining rooms and offers full service catering.
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Inexpensive, delicious & great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had a nice lunch at the Venue for under $10. I had a "half" salad which was delicious (but already made previously as it got to the table in less than 10 minutes.) We had good service and was seated promptly without a reservation. I had to ask for bread which is complimentary, but they do not put it on your table automatically. I never received a refill on my soft drink, but we were asked if we'd like dessert which we declined.
I like the Venue for several reasons: the bar area is fun for groups, or sitting at the bar to watch some sports. The buffets for special occasions are good, but get a reservation. The private room is great for small gatherings. They've put a patio on to accommodate nice weather or smokers.
Service is always good and they handle complaints with a positive response.
I believe the ownership has changed a few times, but the quality of the food remains great.

• Visited March 2014

Lincoln, Nebraska
“It's my home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We visit The Venue more than a couple times a month for a night away from the business. I can't say enough about the staff in the lounge! I feel like we dine with family every time. As for the kitchen, the chief is very knowledgeable in his food prep, and his staff is 2nd to none! The atmosphere is very relaxing, and the wine list is one of Lincoln's best! You won't be disappointed in your dinner selection by visiting The Venue!

• Visited February 2014
“A Night Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

My Fiance and I went to the Venue its a really nice restaurant inside and out, the service was great they have an open bar but can't do blended drinks so I order my drink on the rocks my fiance order a steak with 2 sides they dont have regular baked potatos only twice baked so he had mashed and baked mac and cheese I tasted his mac and cheese it was really dry and not very much cheese. I had chicken breast stuffed with spinach and cheese served on angel hair pasta, unfortunately the chicken was dry so the best part was the pasta, plus thinking there would be more to choose from on the menu its very limited to what they have not alot a seafood at all and I do like seafood and its a little pricy for what you get.

• Visited February 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Awful experience at former favorite”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Venue was our favorite restaurant for years. Great food and service. The menu changed over time but the food was great. That all changed on New Year's Eve 2013. We talked another couple into dining there instead of their "go-to" favorite for our New Year's Eve dinner and made reservations. What a mistake!

We arrived to discover a truncated "special" menu -- limited appetizer and entree selections and seemingly higher-than-usual prices. This wasn't mentioned when we made reservations, but it's a celebration and this will be special. Our server finally arrived, rushed, loud, dismissive and unwilling/able to answer most questions, She talked over us and tried to tell us what we would like while addressing us as "honey, dear and sweetie."

We ordered drinks and appetizers, which arrived cold and proved mediocre. We then waited and waited and waited. When we finally asked another server to find our server, she came over and we asked if we could have the bread and dipping sauces the Venue serves. We were told "Oh, the kitchen is too busy to serve bread tonight." So higher prices, fewer choices, bad service and no bread.

Our food finally arrived and it was below average. Mine tasted a little burnt, the steaks two others ordered were cool. Everything looked like like it had been sitting for awhile.We gave up trying to get satisfaction from our server, who disappeared again. We sat waiting for our check and again had to ask someone to find her.By the time dinner was over, we were all frustrated and angry. The evening was a bust but at least each couple had spent nearly $150 for bad service, tired food and a truly frustrating dining experience.

But any place can have a bad night, right? And we have loved Venue. So my partner wrote the manager a letter explaining what happened, expressing our concern and explaining that three of the four dinners that night vowed never to eat at Venue again. Because my partner loves the place, she wanted them to know and offered her phone number and address if they wanted to discuss. Not. One. Word. So she left a message. Again, no response.

This complete unresponsiveness was disappointing. I can only conclude that Venue management is not interested in addressing problems or resolving concerns. Sorry to say that I can no longer recommend Venue. There are other restaurants in Lincoln that offer better food and service and seem to be concerned about customer satisfaction.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nebtraveler
CA
“nice restaurant for "girls" lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Venue in Lincoln is a nice restaurant for a long "girls" lunch. The server was delightful, friendly and helpful. We arrive about 12:30PM and the restaurant was noisy. By 1PM, it was quiet and allowed for the "girls" to talk.

• Visited October 2013