“Don't Let The Outside Fool You”
Review of 9 South Chargrill

9 South Chargrill
Ranked #37 of 662 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a casual grill with flair. Family friendly and quaint Lincolns Best neighborhood restaurant. Serving Certified Angus Beef, Midwest Pork and restaurant grown herbs. Home of Grandpa Joes Sweet BBQ sauce. Check out our web page.
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
“Don't Let The Outside Fool You”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

As my wife and I were driving down 9th and the trendy downtown area started to give way to a little bit grittier area we finally found 9 South Grill. I looked around and saw the sign on the KFC across the street advertising "warm and yummy gizzards" then saw this funky kind of dilapidated Quonset hut I suggested to the Mrs. we keep looking. She chastised me for losing my sense of adventure and she was spot on. This place is well worth the visit. Turns out the building was an auto repair place (the Quonset hut) and was added on at both ends to create a pretty cool restaurant with a pretty creative menu. We had burgers and onion rings but you can also get duck and other interesting items. The burgers were very good, the rings good. Price to value ratio for this meal was very good. Service was good. We will go back.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank dave c

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burger & fries!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

All great service and food. I wish they would open a second location on Southeast Lincoln, closer to my house.

This only negative aspect is that when the weather is really cold it seems the restaurant is too.

• Visited February 2014
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food was great and service was good. It's a casual relaxed atmosphere. My husband was pleasantly surprised by the beer selection.

• Visited October 2013
“Unexpected cuisine”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

From the outside you could never imagine what awaits you on the inside. The variety of food was unexpected but fabulous. Decor was unique and comfortable. Waitstaff was always available. Overall a great restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Try the Catfish - It is superb!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I have come here frequently and have never been disappointed in the quality of the food, and the willingness to accommodate special needs. I am a huge fan of their catfish and really don't order it any more at any other restaurant. My husband loves the sandwiches and steak salad and loaded potato. He blieves their pulled pork sandwich's bar-b-que sauce is absolutely fantastic if you like a somewhat sweeter bar-b-que sauce and is glad that the restaurant is selling the sauce to its customers.

• Visited February 2014

Been to 9 South Chargrill? Share your experiences!