“Improvement!”

Ranked #50 of 671 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a casual grill with flair. Family friendly and quaint Lincolns Best neighborhood restaurant. Serving Certified Angus Beef, Midwest Pork and restaurant grown herbs. Home of Grandpa Joes Sweet BBQ sauce. Check out our web page.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went back to this restaurant with some friends. Our last visit was quite some time ago and was HORRIBLE. Last night, it was great. The service was "spot on" (our waitress had a fabulous accent). My husband had a high quality cut strip that was prepared perfectly. The mixed veggies it came with looked very fresh. As recommended, I had the chicken tortellini. This time they got the white sauce down. It had very good, rich flavor. Our friends also said they really enjoyed their meals. One finished with creme burlee and it was quite apparent she was very impressed. We were stuffed, so passed. Way to step it up, 9 South Chargrill! We will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Found this restaurant in Lincoln, Nebraska. Welcoming little place. Ordered the Rustic Steak and it was awesome. Bow tie pasta with red pepper and mushrooms sautéed, tasty grilled steak with Parmesan cilantro cheese sauce. They serve several kinds of beers even from local breweries. Good wine selection as well. A little chilly in there, but great atmosphere.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've eaten several times here and the food is always excellent. Small restaurant located off the main path that has a number of unique dishes and appetizers that are very reasonably priced, with very good beer, wine and drink collection. It gets very busy on weekend nights, so get there early or come during the week. Also has a few tables outdoors when the weather is nice. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Lincoln.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a large group on a Thursday night. We'd already been turned away from one restaurant. But the folks at 9 South Chargrill shifted some tables around and accommodated us quickly. I had a delicious burger and some tasty local draught beer. The price is reasonable, too.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I had a HORRIBLE experience before we ever sat down. Horrible and Bothersome! I am still troubled! When we walked in we noticed there was a wait. The two couples in front of us didn’t want to wait so they walked out. The hubs and I eyeballed two chairs at the bar; we looked at each other and both thought, we’d take those. The employee behind the bar – (very strange accent and obviously trying super hard to pull off eccentric) – looked at me a few times and never said a word. I smirked because it was soooo rude, it was kind of laughable. THEN, two guys walk in, dressed as women, carrying purses. She looks right past me AGAIN, acknowledges them as “friends” and offers to move some stuff around on the bar so they could have the seats. Seriously, she never said a word to me while I was waiting –she had to stretch herself to see around my head to see her guy (or lady) friends that walked in?!?! I can honestly say that I have never had an experience that bad! It was ridiculous, at best.