“Packed on a Tuesday Night”
Review of 9 South Chargrill

9 South Chargrill
Ranked #34 of 654 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a casual grill with flair. Family friendly and quaint Lincolns Best neighborhood restaurant. Serving Certified Angus Beef, Midwest Pork and restaurant grown herbs. Home of Grandpa Joes Sweet BBQ sauce. Check out our web page.
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Packed on a Tuesday Night”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I've always believed the best "review" of a restaurant is given each day by the number of diners they serve. Not everyone is a "foodie" with a blog to write (thankfully) and in the end people vote with their feet, their wallets, and their stomachs....and based on just those metrics 9 South Chargrill is a great food spot. We arrived @ 6:30 p.m. with a reservation for four. We were delightfully entertained and served by Lauren, an East London transplant who arrived in the States less than a month ago. Our food was superb - from the bruchetta appetizer to the main entrees. My only suggestion for improvement would be a better wine list and a bit quicker kitchen. But we'll be back! It's a great place to eat and a packed house on a Tuesday night proves that.

“Food was above average”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the fish and chips and my daughter had the patty melt. The batter on the fish was tasty and I enjoyed the coleslaw. Parking is somewhat of a challenge if you go during lunch hrs but we would go back again. The restaurant should consider window covering during the day. The sun is pretty blinding by the windows. Service was good but not exceptional but I have high expectations of the wait staff. We would go back again to try the peanut butter hamburger and dessert!

“Warning: Addictive!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Once you go to the 9 South Chargrill, you'll be hooked! I find myself dreaming about their Stuffed Baked Potato, covered with Asiago cheese sauce, and topped with a generous portion of grilled steak... The perfect accompaniment: a nice dark Guinness. We've tried everything on the menu, and nothing has been a disappointment. It's a tiny place, tucked into the northwest corner of South Street and 9th Street. Sometimes there's a wait to get in, but let me tell you - it's definitely worth the wait! (The outdoor seating is nice, but the traffic noise is pretty loud.)

• Visited December 2012
“good food”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

the food was good, I had some burgers . it was very good. they are a bit over priced, but very good. I will return again. service was average but I was happy with it.

Visited June 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great place to Eat - Wonderful food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I eat here at least once a week. The atmosphere is like a small bistro. The food and the service are excellent. We have met the chef and the owner. Both are very approachable. We highly recommend this to all of our friends, and when we have friends or family from out of town, we always take them here at least one night and have not been disappointed.

• Visited October 2012