Graduate Lincoln
$125
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$119
New Victorian Suites Lincoln(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
$58
$159
  • Breakfast included
$80
Orbitz.com
All reviewsred onionthe holiday innparking garagehaymarket districtwithin walking distancememorial stadiumhotel bardowntown hotelrestaurants and barsunl campuswould definitely stay here againfootball weekendbusiness tripgreat place to staybarbgraduatedcorn
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here due to the location and proximity to the Haymarket area which is up and coming. Unfortunately, there was an emergency in the night, and when I went to turn on the bedside lamp it didn't work so I was frantically looking for a light to turn on. As for the pillows, they put an elaborate fabric sign designating which ones are firm and which are soft (as if I couldn't tell by feeling them), but they would have been much better off putting the money into upgraded pillows which were lumpy foam with scratchy pillow cases. Kleenex was not refilled and bathroom was left with only one partial roll of toilet paper. The restaurant breakfast was okay, but a bit pricey. I was even charged for coffee even though it was provided for free in the bar area. A note to future travelers to Lincoln, there is a brand new Marriott Courtyard, and a Hyatt going into the area so there will be more choices, and hopefully more competition to motivate the Holiday Inn. The staff was friendly - no complaints there.

Room Tip: I got the parking lot view, so ask for the Haymarket view although I can't vouch for how it looks from the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review as we value your opinion and take each comment to heart about what we do well and what we need to do better. We are changing our pillows during our planned renovation coming in November so I'll be anxious to have you try them again once it is completed. I apologize for the other small inconveniences you mentioned in your review. We work hard at making sure everything is in working condition in the rooms and it seems we failed to do so on this occasion. We appreciate your positive comment about the staff. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spent the weekend in Lincoln and received an excellent room rate that included breakfast daily; make sure you request the free breakfast. The hotel is less than a block from the Haymarket and excellent bars and restaurants.

The hotel is dated, the rooms show their age and furniture is not attractive although wide screen HDTV was in the room. Bathrooms are very small, 2 people can't occupy the area at the same time.

Staff does keep the rooms clean and all staff were very friendly and supportive.

The front desk did advise that a hotel rehab is in the planning stages and they will have to do this since one new hotel just opened and another is under construction.

Free parking is part of the room rate but the multi-level garage has very NARROW ingress and egress. I had to 'crawl" through the turns and you can see that others weren't careful as each turn had scrapes on the wall where other cars decided to rearrange their body parts.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate the kind words about the staff and I personally want to let you know we are planning an upgrade to the furniture and other soft goods starting this November. We are really excited and hope you come back and see us after it is complete.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant buffet breakfast was <$10 for all-you-can-eat bacon, sausage, eggs (cooked to order), fruit, etc. A real buffet bar, not a "continental". The staff was extremely friendly, and went out of their way to ask my name and refer to me by name. My waiter was Danny, but Andrew was also attentive, as well as others who I didn't catch their name.

Room was clean and comfortable, air conditioner was good (and I like it cold)!

Complimentary USA Today in the morning, and I sat in the restaurant after breakfast and read it end-to-end. Felt very comfortable and welcome, not like I was taking up their space or time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view of city and surrounding area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The greatest bartender in the Haymarket! This is the best hotel and the managers priority club happy hour is really nice. The staff is very friendly and make sure you are well taken care of. They want 200 words so I will tell you that Barb is the bartender and she makes sure all the customers are happy. She is the best

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is by far the friendliest and most welcoming staff I have ever encountered in any hotel. From the first day I got here they have been nothing but friendly and courteous. That plus the location makes it by far the best value in Lincoln.

• Stayed: July 2013