“Couldn't ask for more!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Graduate Lincoln

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Graduate Lincoln
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Lincoln
Aurora, Nebraska
“Couldn't ask for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I frequently stay at the downtown Holiday Inn when we are in town for weddings or just want to take advantage of all the Haymarket has to offer. The fantastic location and convenient parking are ideal. There are great restaurants, bars, theaters, shops, athletic events, and so much more all within walking distance.
My last stay at the downtown Holiday Inn was different in that I attended a conference there and spent the night. All the staff I encountered were friendly, helpful, and professional. The conference room was clean and comfortable with easily accessible restrooms. This is the first time I have been around to take advantage of the Manager's Reception which offers free appetizers, beer, wine, and pop. It was a nice touch and provided an easy opportunity to socialize without leaving the hotel. Many hotels are starting to charge for WiFi and at this hotel it is offered free of charge anywhere in the hotel, including your room. I also used the fitness center and found it to be cool (often times these rooms are very warm), clean, and offered several cardio machines as well as weights. My room was clean, comfortable, and provided all the amenities I could need or want. Thanks Holiday Inn for another great stay. I'll be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
tterwilliger, General Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. It's obviously nice hearing about such a positive stay and we appreciate you sharing your experience. It's our objective to make each and every stay a great one. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Lincoln. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here twice in a 2 week period so there was a pretty complete change in the staff, from front desk on, but also was nice to see some familiar faces. Everyone, yes everyone was glad to see me and made me feel welcome and it did not matter how busy they were. The staff of the Red Onion restaurant and bar are fantastic and if you look the manager may be the one serving you which is a nice touch. Easy access to food and shopping, might renew my faith in Holiday Inn once again. This one is GREAT!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for filling out a review on your stay. It sounds like you have formed excellent relationships with many of our staff and I will certainly pass along your kind comments. If there is ever anything we can do please let us know.....we will see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This Holiday Inn is a very nice place to stay! The location was ideal for walking to many interesting sites! The conference room and the amenities were wonderful. The Red Onion and its staff were amazingly kind and generous.

• Stayed June 2013
Lees Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

In my business travels ( I cover 9 states ) i make it a point to stay at Holiday Inn's, Holiday Inn Express's or its IHG affiliates, that having been said 'ONE' Holiday Inn sticks out all alone from the others and that would be the Holiday Inn Lincoln, Nebraska Downtown Hotel, friendly greetings from check-in too check out, Restaurant / Bar management to servers are all very kind and helpful, my room is always up to par.

Room Tip: Ask for a North View...higher the better
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice accommodations. Easy access to shopping,dining and parking. Staff is exceptionally polite and helpful. The parking is a little tight when maneuvering the different levels. But just take it slow and you will make it. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. My view outside was not exciting but then again I wasn't there for that purpose. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2013
Omaha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed last weekend after a wedding reception in the Haymarket area. Our room was just o.k. Requested king size bed and got two queen beds instead. As we were trying to fall asleep, it became very clear that sleeping well was not going to happen! The walls are SO THIN that you could CLEARLY make out conversations from neighboring rooms. I was so IRRITATED the next morning as I woke up not rested. The only plus side to the stay was breakfast the next morning which was plentiful and delicious. Let's be honest, no one bases their review of a hotel off the breakfast alone. For what we paid, it was not worth it!!! Probably will not be back to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Graduate Lincoln, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Jennifer K,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am pleased to know that you liked our breakfast menu. I am sorry for the inconvenience the room assigned to you may have caused. Please understand that bed types are not guaranteed at check-in as it will depend on what is available and occupancy level of the hotel. It does not happen all the time, I guess the hotel was busy at the time you've check-in that's why the bed type you reserved is no longer available. I also want to apologize for the discomfort you have experienced due to the noise issues. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was my first trip to Lincoln Nebraska and I wasn't sure what to expect and I was more than pleasantly surprised. The Holiday Inn Downtown has location, location, location.....located right next to the historic Hay Market District offering great restaurants and bars and walking distance to shopping, theatres, the university campus and stadium! I stayed at the hotel for 3 days and the front desk, management and restaurant staff were beyond welcoming, accommodating and friendly! I travel extensively for business and the employees at this hotel understand the meaning of "hospitality" and go out of their way to make sure they meet and "exceed" guest expectations! It was impressive! The hotel is well maintained with spacious, well appointed guest rooms including all amenities, plus an indoor pool and game room for kids! Most of the rooms have a nice view of the City from all directions. It was mentioned by staff that the hotel is planning a full guest room furnishings upgrade starting this Fall to meet the latest Holiday Inn Standards. The rooms are acceptable "as is", but refreshing the design will take the hotel to a level that will exceed the others in town! I had time on Sunday to walk around town and went in other hotels to check them out, and I was glad I was staying at the Holiday Inn!

I only had the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and it was more than adequate with scrambled eggs, made to order omelettes, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, waffles, corned beef hash, biscuits and gravy, fruit platters, etc.! The wait staff was very friendly and since I was eating by myself on Mothers Day, they went above and beyond to make sure I was enjoying breakfast! I was in the bar two nights in a row and had appetizers and cocktails which were standard good "bar fare"! It's a comfortable space, not intimidating to go in by yourself, and the service was quick and friendly.

I'd give this hotel my highest recommendation!

Room Tip: My room was on the 8th floor looking towards the Hay Market District and the Football Stadium. From...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business