“Old....but convenient”

Sunset Inn & Suites
Ranked #55 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
“Old....but convenient”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The location is very convenient. .. I traveled alone. Extremely old.... could use updating, but it was clean. Staff is friendly. Hotel.com stated the have a pool....I didnt see one. Perkins and gas very close. I would stay here again ;)

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We made our reservation by calling the toll-free number. We were told the dog fee is $10, we were charged $15 at the hotel; even after explaining the conflicting information. My husband asked for a receipt, after paying $15 cash, and the person at the front desk said we could get one in the morning. In the morning, the person at the front desk asked us to pay the pet fee; but after we explained we paid cash and we were not given a receipt, he apologized.

I was recently married, made my reservation under my married name, and did not update my driver's license. The man at the front desk asked me once again to state my name, after seeing my driver's license, and would not refer to me by my new, married name, once he saw my maiden name.

After leaving the front desk feeling a little let down, my husband, dog, and I got to our room to notice there was only one pillow. We immediately notified the front desk, and after more than 30 minutes, my husband went to the front desk to get the pillow. It was time for a new employee to start the shift, so the employees proceeded to talk to each other, while my husband stood there waiting to be noticed.

The room was your basic, inexpensive hotel room. There was a hole in the drywall below the air conditioning unit, the bedspread had probably not been changed in weeks, and the bed was not comfortable. The air conditioner worked perfectly and the bathroom was clean.

For breakfast, there was a waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and doughnuts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel boasts itself as a non-smoking establishment; however, it is not. The whole hotel smells like the inside of an ashtray and some of the rooms you are allowed to smoke in them. Their housekeeping staff does not let the front desk know of the messy conditions of the rooms. They are neither clean nor deodorized for the guests with small children who do not smoke. For the cost of the hotel I would be willing to spend $15 more dollars to stay in a "TRUE" smoke free establishment with a little more class.

Room Tip: Run from this hotel as fast as possible if you want a clean room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad place to stop for the night. Staff was very nice
And the room was clean.

The only complaints I have are:

The window in our room was broken. It was dual paned glass and the outer pane was shattered. There was also a storm during our stay. We were super tired so just decided to open the window and use the non broken part to block the broken part and hope for the best. I am sure had we called the desk, they would have put us in a new room.

The second is that I booked my reservation and paid an hour before getting there via the Wyndham reservations line. The advertised price on the hotel sign was lower. I was told since the reservation was already paid for and it was same day, they couldn't cancel, refund me and give me the better rate. It was a few dollars difference, but, not great customer service.

Otherwise, great place to stop. Close to the freeway.

Stayed June 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is very old and run down but the staff are superb!

It's very conveniently located off I-80, next to several restaurants, and it's pretty quiet in the area, considering the traffic and surrounding construction.

The employees were all very kind and their customer service is top notch.

The room is very dated but it was still cozy. It seemed dingy, the lights weren't very bright, and the carpet was worn, but it was very much worth the one night I stayed here. Plus their wifi is excellent!

Room Tip: Ground floor; only because of the layout of the hotel it's easier to access a ground floor room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fendly service, clean, recently renamed from Day's Inn to Knights Inn. Nice restaruant next door. Courtesy van. Located just off airport property, 5 minutes from terminal. A good place to spend an extra night in NE when flights cancel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotels a little old, smells a bit like cigarettes in the hallway, but the customer service is amazing. All employees were very kind, helpful, and made sure we were comfortable. I'd stay here again!

P.S. the rooms are nice and clean and have no odor.

• Stayed May 2014