“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 639 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Champaign, IL
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found this place since because I was staying here for a week and wanted to have a sit down breakfast other than at the hotel. I only ate the breakfast but having this meal and seeing the other items on the menu, I would go back for lunch and/or dinner.
The restaraunt was difficult to find. It was also small but very nicely decorated. The AC was broken when we went to eat but since it was early morning it did not matter.
I had the breakfast sandwich which included an egg and bacon and a bun. The sandwich was good but nothing incredible. The home fries served with the sandwich was delicious. The coffee was good as well. The price for the meal was reasonable.
My coworker had the biscuits and gravy. It was a milk gravy that covered 2 sausage patties on biscuits. Not the traditional B&G but he liked them.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Austin, Texas
“creative menu, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Perfect for couples or anyone looking to avoid the loud bar scene. Menu was creative, especially the appetizers, and one of the best salads I've ever had.

Visited August 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Funky, Flavorful, Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Brought a group of 5 here recently and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We happened to be there on a Thursday evening, which was pizza night, so we had wine, salads and pizza. We also partook of some of the desserts. All quite delicious. The pizza w/kimchee and pork, if i remember that right, was the best. I was not courageous enough to order it, but fortunately one of our other diners had no such fear. The house wine was tasty and fair for the price. We ate on the porch. Only downside: if you are there on pizza night, you are pretty much stuck if you don't want pizza.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lincoln, NE
“There are better places in town...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a disappointing experience. I've eaten there many times at lunch and always found it to be good, however this was my first time at dinner and I won't be back. Service was incredibly slow. We ordered two entrees, two salads and one appetizer as an entree. Our appetizer came out first and not with dinner as we had requested- and since it served hot we went ahead and ate it. The salads came out dry and not with the creamy parmesan listed in the description in the menu. The two entrees came out and were extremely disproportionate in size. We expressed this concern to our server and she took them away, then came back of offer us a different entree. We explained that we didn't even try them, that the size of one was double that of the other. 20 minutes later the entrees returned and they were tiny and the food very, very salty. I was embarrassed that I recommended this to my friends and we all walked away hungry and not impressed at all with the food or service. Bread and Cup, you can do better.. much better.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Valley Falls, Kansas
“fresh, real food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ingredients are always fresh. Service is great. Cheese board has wonderful selections. The meats on the charcuterie board were house made. A lovely relaxing place to enjoy a meal...

Visited June 2013