“Great Friday Afternoon Treat”

Bison Witches Bar & Deli
Ranked #71 of 672 Restaurants in Lincoln
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We go to Bison Witches on Firday afternoons after early movies and always enjoy good food, great service,(ask for Alex as your waitress), and really like their beer & margarita specials - $2 beer draws(even Sam Adams) & $2.50 margaritas. Their sandwiches are always good and ask for chips with cheese or salsa - you'll really like them.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food is always great, doesn't matter what you pick from the menu. Everything is always good. I've eaten half the items on the menu. Especially good is the Reuben and the Smokestack. The Chicken Nachos and really good, but you better be really hungry. The 1/2 sandwich and chips is an incredible deal. The soups are also really good.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped in on a recent visit to the Law school for a quick bite. Ordered the Wisconsin cheese soup, which was tasty, but the bread bowl was cold and unappetizing. Sandwich was freshly made and very good. Overall, good lunch, for the price and location.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great sandwich downtown Lincoln. Good bar specials and beers on tap. The CCQ is great and the chicken nachos. I love the Husker sandwich. Large portions, so order the half sandwich!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The name of the place is Bison Witches Bar & Deli. The decor screams bar, like the ones you hang out in college, along with prices for the student crowd. Don't let the decor fool you. The deli part is absolutely wonderful. I read other's reviews, so I know the portions were big. I met someone at my hotel, who mentioned that he had the best nachoes ever at this place. He also let me know there was a parking garage across the street from the deli, if I could not find parking in front of the place. This is located downtown Lincoln. I opted for their soup & 1/2 sanwhich combo, which was about $8.50, full sanwhiches are $8. I tried their Beef & Brie sanwhich on rye and Portabella Harvest Soup. It also comes with bag of chips. I was there when it was not busy, so I got my food right away. Both sanwhich and soup in a bread bowl no less, where absolutely wonderful. I personally thought they could have done without the chips, or make their own. If they make soup and sanwhiches, this good, I think they could produce their own chips. That and I was thought the portions were good without the chips. They posted on their menu that they have a small kitchen, and if the place is busy to be "patient." Also for parties of 5 they do not separate checks, so you have been warned. Their bar side offers a good variety of drinks and resonable prices. I made it for happy hour and tried a local "hop" beer that had me asking if this was available for purchase to take home. All in all my cost for 1 beer & soup & sanwhich combo was under $12. A great find.