“Food Fair but expensive”

jtk cuisine & cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
jtk cuisine & cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 656 Restaurants in Lincoln
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Food Fair but expensive”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We used a Groupon coupon which greatly limited our choices and volume. Wine was only fair. Food was average. More formal atmosphere in former RR station. Service very average.

• Visited July 2013

“Family works here.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have to give this restaurant a very good rating since I have family who works here. I ate here once and it was good, but not great. The service was good considering we had a very large group. I will have to try it again with a smaller group in the future. No complaints, just not as good as some of the other upscale places in town.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my favorite place for a nice dinner date. They use local and seasonal meat and produce. We had an excellent pork appetizer and entree one of the last times we were there. The hog came from TD Niche, a small town hog farmer in southeast NE ... the same farmer we get our pork from. I like that their menu changes based on what is available.

• Visited July 2013
Fairmont, Nebraska
“Almost a great experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

3.5 stars. We will go back and definitely could be a strong 4 stars but we started off on a bad note when it took 5 mins for someone to greet us when we arrived (no line waiting.) Then, we were seated at bar and waited another 5 mins to even be greeted at bar even though we were only one's sitting there.. So, this was quite frusterating to me. Overall, my wife probably liked it a bit more than I did.

We did the date night special for $50 which included a starter, 2 main dishes, desert and bottle of wine off of a price fixe menu. I have to say, this was a great deal. If I'm not in the mood for a chunk of beef, I would definitely recommend trying this out.

We shared stuffed mushroom app which was good. I had the pork shoulder which was very good and tender with rissoto. My wife had the filet medalions which were cooked perfectly for her. Shared the chocolate brownie desert and were very happy with our meal. Our waitress did a much better job with service than the greeters and bar-tenders.

As I said before, if it wasn't for the lack of service at the beginning, we would have been looking at an easy 4 stars. But, when you're in a fine-dining establishment, above avg service is expected and paid for.

Visited November 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Ringing in the New Year”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a wonderful place to dine. The atmosphere is great and so is the food. The menu offered a wide variety of entrees, which would appeal to everyone. We were especially pleased with the "Date Night" special. The Date Night consisted of an appetizer, soup or salad, entree, one dessert, and a bottle of wine. The accommodations provided intimacy and the ability to carry a conversation without competing with other diners.

• Visited January 2014