“Date night rocks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of jtk cuisine & cocktails

jtk cuisine & cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
jtk cuisine & cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 653 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Date night rocks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Went there with mixed and bias expectations. Left there a true fan of jtk. The service was top notch. Out of their way service. The date night menu was a little lacking but produced an amazing meal. From the pork belly appetizer to to the white zin wine. It was great. I must brag on the flat iron steak. I have traveled all over this great country and jtk served up a top 5 steak. It ranks among the top 5 steaks I've ever had. May have got lucky but I'm glad I did. It lays in the heart of the night life so after eating it was real convenient to night life of lincoln. A must dine when in lincoln.

• Visited July 2013

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Date Night is a "Great Night!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

To celebrate our 30th Anniversary, my wife and I took advantage of Date Night at jtk in Lincoln's Hay Market. For $50, we shared a bottle of wine, chose the Artichoke Hearts in Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce to share; she chose for the Caesar Salad and for her main course opted for the Seared Atlantic Salmon served with Creamy Polenta and Sauteed Haricot Vert; while I opted for the House Salad (with bleu cheese dressing and crumbles) and then chose the Seared Flat Iron (extra $4)served with Roasted Garlic Mash and Sauteed Haricot Vert. For dessert, we shared the Red Velvet cake (from Bakery 13). The food was outstanding and the service was terrific! We will be back for a return visit.

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“I wanted to like it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Walking in the door, my expectations dropped immediately. The decor looks as if they sent the "decorator" to hobby lobby with a budget and a time limit. Our service was solid, but oddly uneasy. I'm happy to say the food was actually quite good. We had the duck rolls, which were delicious, but a touch greasy. My wife had the seared scallops. It was a nice portion, paired with a very nice risotto. I would advise against the wagyu 8oz tenderloin. It was decent, but not great... And absolutely not a $60 dish.
My biggest disappointment is that after taking the time to email the restaurant with compliments on the food and some constructive criticism about the decor, I received no response. Not a thank you, not a we appreciate your comments. Nothing. Which, I take as "we don't care what you think". Not cool... Just trying to help. Oh... And JTK sounds a bit too much like BTK. The Bind, Torture, & Kill serial killer in Wichita Kansas.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Not that impressed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Husband and I experienced this restaurant last fall. Although the food was good, it wasn't what I would classify as exceptional and in my opinion, watier was also not that attentive. Ambience nice but not exception - located in Haymarket area.

Visited October 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good place for anniversary gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Six of us got a quiet table. Service was very good. We got their date special ($50 and you get a bottle of wine, appetizer, two salads/soups, two entrees and a dessert). Food was served quickly. Food was all upscale and cooked perfectly. I had the steak and fries. Loved the fries. Wedge salad was also great. Wine was very good and disappeared quickly. One thing we all commented on was that the bread were some bland white rolls that did not fit with the rest of the meal.

• Visited April 2013