“A Lincoln legend!”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“A Lincoln legend!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Legend might seem like a bit strong of a word, but Blue Orchid is most frequently declared to be the favorite Lincoln restaurant of people I know. It is also at the top of the list of restaurants that are recommend to people new to Lincoln.
Neither of those things are surprising, considering the quality of service and the incredible food! I can't believe I had lived here for years before even trying it out!

Visited May 2013

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The restaurant has clean modern decor in a historic building. We went for lunch and it was somewhat busy. The service was good and the food was above average. I had the pad thai which was a little spicy, but I really enjoyed it. This restaurant would be on my short list of places to eat while in Lincoln.

Visited April 2013
“First time visit, will be back”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Brought the wife here tonight for her first Thai experience. She absolutely loved it! Can't believe I can find Thai this good in Lincoln,lol. The drinks were great, service was friendly and no wait to be seated. Will Definitly be back!

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Really Interesting, sophisticated Thai in Nebraska!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spent the night in Lincoln on the way out west, and based on the TA ranking, we decided to try Blue Orchid....we are happy we did. We arrived at about 6:30 on a rainy Thursday, and to our surprise we had a short wait. It was an early dining crowd, because right after we were seated, there were lots of tables. Anyway, we waited about 15 minutes, and had a nice drink at the bar...myself a martini, and my wife a pineapple and basil and vodka tropical thingy. After being seated we shares an order of spring rolls....they were steamed...good but i probably prefer fried or raw like Vietnamese spring rolls. We each had soup...myself Tom Yum, and my wife Tom Kah. My soup was good, not very spicy, lots of basil and lemongrass. My wife's was coconut milk based, but otherwise similar. The reviews I had read talked about how good the scallops were.....and they were. My wife had Southwestern scallops...grillled with a parsley coating, with stir fried veggies and rice....it was excellent. I had a "water curry" of thai chillies and shrimp paste. The menu gave warning that the dish was extremely spicy, and the server warned that the dish was very spicy...guess what...it was really spicy...as spicy as anything I have ever eaten....a hot, hot red broth with scallops, red peppers, and a veggie much like a tomatillo sliced into it. interesting dish. The menu was great, the room was very nice, the servers were excellent, and the crowd was mostly young and hip...unlike us.....

• Visited May 2013
“a favorite place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There are many options to make your meal your own. My favorite is the Pad Thai noodle dish with your choice of meat or sauce.

• Visited May 2013