“Our go to restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant is amazing! For a starter, we LOVE the prawn cakes. I almost always get the Pad Thai with scallops. It is FANTASTIC. It is very flavorful and the scallops are always cooked perfectly, so they almost melt in your mouth. I have also had the Orchid Chicken, which is excellent as well. My husband has tried several of their dishes and is never disappointed. Blue Orchid has a nice ambience too. This restaurant is a must try!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

During the short time I lived in Lincoln more than a decade ago, the only edible Thai food was at a crazy, dirty, hole-in-the-wall place downtown so when my colleagues suggested eating at the Blue Orchid, I was leery. And I turned out to be wrong, wrong, wrong! The food at this place is phenomenal, easily some of the very best Thai food I've ever had anywhere. We started with simple appetizers -- chicken satay & spring rolls -- both were quite tasty. The chicken for the satay was juicy & flavorful. Then I ordered salmon panang curry -- it was delicious. Perfect, really, The panang was creamy & spicy and completey addictive. I'm actually still thinking about it now :) Service is attentive and informed. The wine list is excellent. One of the new places in The Grand building (the old U.S. post office), the Blue Orchid is a beautiful, comfortable place to eat. With fabulous food, remember. Fabulous.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We've been to Blue Orchid many times. We recently stopped in on a Friday night without a reservation. We waited at the bar about 30 minutes, enjoying drinks - I love their Ginger Flower martini, my husband had a local Nebraska beer.
After we were seated we ordered the Spring Rolls, which are wonderful, just never enough. I ordered the Yellow Curry with Chicken, my husband ordered the Red Curry with Shrimp. Both dishes were amazing. The Red Curry was perfect for my husband but would have been a bit spicy for me - the Yellow Curry was perfect, a bit of spice and sweetness. Love the Blue Orchid and try to stop whenever we're in Lincoln.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We just arrived after an 8 1/2 hour drive & walked over from The Embassy Suites. From the minute we stepped through the front door, we were impressed with the ambiance & decor. They were quite busy for a Monday night so it took awhile for our waiter to get to us. But, when I explained that we'd been traveling all day & were hungry, he made up for it & was wonderful. Our meal was Delicious...good to the last bite!

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner before going to the movies. AWESOME FOOD. Our waitress Mary Pat was incredible. If i could give this place a 10 i would. Spring rolls delish. I ordered the Pacific medley awesome. My wife ordered the drunken noodles. Fantastic we will definitely be back.

1  Thank trooper198