“Adorable Cozy Surroundings & Delicious Breakfast”
Review of The Green Gateau

The Green Gateau
Ranked #3 of 683 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Wonderful brunch experience with family. Because it was a UNL Huskers game day they had several specials. I started my meal with mimosa. Perfect!

My husband and I ordered from the specials menu ($ 5!!..Amazing)

He had the Whole Grain Gateau Pancakes. WHOA...huge pancakes and beautifully browned. We added a side of hickory-smoked bacon. Also a great portion side and prepared just right...not to crispy...not to undercooked.

I ordered the French Slam, two slices of the brioche french toast, one egg and bacon. It was a lot of food and the french toast was wonderful, tasty..

But the coup de grâce were the Eggs benedict our son ordered. Beautiful...we were all three "tasting" across the table.

I really want to return and try their Beingets!!! But as you can see by the pics there was just more food than we could finish already.

The decor is very warm and inviting... we sat in the room with the fireplace and I could see it would also be a great place for a romantic date night. Service was nothing short of GREAT with lots of joking and attention.

It is now my favorite Lincoln Nebraska restaurant.

1  Thank Rebecca C

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Really enjoyed this place while passing through Lincoln. No surprise it's the #1 restaurant in town. The coffee was great, always a telltale sign of a good breakfast restaurant. The pancakes were excellent- my 6 year old son is a pancake aficionado and he loved the chocolate chip version! The eggs were fantastic too. Highly recommend. We'll be eating every meal in Lincoln there from now on!!

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Though it is located on a main thoroughfare and parking is limited, once inside, you will sense the GG is a warm oasis. It has an old-world feel and the staff is very attentive and thoughtful. We started off sharing the calamari and loved it. Lightly dusted and cooked just tender, it was delicious. For the main course, we shared again, the ample bone-in ribeye. It was huge and impossible for two of us to finish. The seasoning was delicious but alas, we had ordered rare and it was medium. We pushed our appetites and shared a piece of peanut butter pie. Well done! They have a decent wine list but the higher end wines suffer from excessive mark up. I left my cellphone in the restaurant and the server was exceptionally sweet running it out to me.

2  Thank mingfatsai
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We traveled to Lincoln to attend a concert. Green Gateau is on Trip Advisor's recommended list so we gave it a try. We had wonderful service and were impressed with not only the extensive menu but the varied wine list. We enjoyed our dinner and conversation with out server, Hillary.
My husband had the duck entree; I ordered the salmon. Both were delicious. We will definitely come here again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very good place, good food but I feel like it's very much geared toward women. I don't feel like most men would be super comfortable here or too eager to go back. But if you are looking for a place to hang out with the ladies..I think it's perfect.