“Good Place for Lunch with the Girls”
Review of The Green Gateau

The Green Gateau
Ranked #3 of 669 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very good place, good food but I feel like it's very much geared toward women. I don't feel like most men would be super comfortable here or too eager to go back. But if you are looking for a place to hang out with the ladies..I think it's perfect.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We started with the calamari appetizer. It is very good and is accompanied with 2 dipping sauces. Next, we had the lobster bisque which arrived with a fresh croissant, both delicious. We both had the Swordfish, Lobster and Caviar special. It was a bit pricey and was a little disappointing. The lobster tail was just a tad over done, yet still very good. We both found the swordfish and Mediterranean couscous and quinoa to be rather bland. The service was average. I would go back, as the menu has many things that sound very good to me.

1  Thank Jana B
Reviewed October 8, 2013

During a Cornhusker football game, we ventured into this spot for a late Saturday brunch. The crabcake benedict was tasty and bountiful especially with the potato pancake [huge portion]. Also good was the scone of the day which was large enough for two to share. Very good wine list with the only caveat being that our bottle of white was not chilled nearly enough when first poured.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit this Lincoln icon while in town. My friend told me that this place was amazing and it did not disappoint! This restaurant is so good that you need reservations...for breakfast. I ordered the steak and eggs with hash browns and probably talked about how good the food was for the rest of the day. The coffee was pretty good too and not the burned coffee-like liquid that most breakfast joints offer. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a filling breakfast. The Green Gateau is a definite repeat if I'm ever back in Lincoln.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Green Gateau isn't just the best restaurant in Lincoln, it's one of the best anywhere! My husband and I are here in Lincoln for a family wedding, and this was this morning's breakfast restaurant for the family and this evening's late dinner place as well. It has a widely varied menu and everyone has absolutely enjoyed every meal. Service is extremely friendly and efficient and the restaurant layout is such that the noise level stays at a pleasantly low level. We're all going there again tomorrow for brunch and we're all looking forward to the experience. Don't miss this gem if you're in the area!