“Quoted $109; charged $189”

TownHouse Extended Stay
Ranked #50 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Our group had booked 4 rooms for 2 nights for the NE/IA game. We were quoted $109 a night, but were charged $220 a night (all taxes). Toilets didn't flush in 3 of the 4 rooms we booked unless you removed the tank lid and messed with the float arm. The fridge ran constantly and was loud. No batteries in the TV remote; after asking for new batteries, the desk clerk gave me another remote stating it would work. Nope! The phone, table stand and light switches had not been cleaned for some time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank J S
There are newer reviews for TownHouse Extended Stay

Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is the fourth spring in a row that we have stayed here, each time for about a week. We come every year to visit my husband's family who lives in Lincoln. Therefore, we are not looking for a resort. We are looking for an economical, comfortable, convenient place to stay, and this is IT!

The rooms we get are basically two small rooms, each with a queen bed, a TV, a nightstand and a dresser. Between these is a large closet, a good sized bathroom, and a kitchen with a full sized fridge, stove top, microwave, and coffeemaker. The kitchen includes a pot, a pan, linens,dishes and utensils. There is wireless internet, an exercise room, and a laundry room. The front desk attendants are usually very friendly and responsive to our needs, including extra towels and printing out our boarding passes for us. For the most part, the place is very quiet, and we have no problems sleeping. We hardly hear anything of the other guests.

The motel is located within view of the capital building, in other words, very conveniently located relative to the more central parts of Lincoln. Every time we are here, we feel very safe and comfortable taking long walks in the vicinity of the motel. The architecture in this area is very interesting, and most of the homes and apartment buildings are well maintained.

No, there is not a pool, nor a business center. No free breakfasts or spas. But the price is excellent for what you get. We generally buy cereal and juice and yogurt and eat breakfast in our rooms, and eat another meal out. Because of the kitchen we can bring home and eat leftovers. It's a great deal for a family.

We cannot recommend this motel more highly!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights (Friday/Saturday) recently. The hotel was neat and clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel is very conveniently located to downtown--everything is within walking easy to moderate walking distance. The only thing that was off was that my room smelled like cigarette smoke and I've had to launder and/or air out everything I had with me. Not blaming the hotel, though. Each room has a nonsmoking plaque next to the door, but I guess some people just can't be bothered to go outside to smoke.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The hotel itself is very nice. The service is the absolute worst. We were checked in and smelled smoke and heard dogs in the hall. We had the night desk attendant come up to check. At this point the smoker had disposed of the cigarette but the smoke was still heavy. His two dogs were jumping all over us. The attendant said he didn't smell smoke and that the hotel welcomes pets (unleashed and running the halls?) He then told us to act like adults (we are both in our 70s and my husband has Parkinson's), the other guy was swearing a blue streak at us for accusing him of smoking in a non-smoking building and continued his tirade as we left through the front door. The attendant sided with the other guest (actually a long term resident). We were in the wrong for complaining. We checked out as we did not feel comfortable and actually felt threatened. We were not only charged for that night (after being told we would be charged nothing) but for the full original stay of 3 nights plus they have been adding additional amounts every day since we returned home - it is showing up on our Visa account. The hotel manager is completely backing the attendant who told her my husband was about to punch out the other guest. Amazing. He's 78 and sick. Unable to punch out anyone. The way they treated us was deplorable. We were there for a wedding. We had driven 7 hours to get there. They treated us like dirt. Don't stay here. they are dishonest and mean.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mary-Edina
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stopped for one night between the midwest and Denver. When we arrived late afternoon, there was a sign at the front desk saying they were helping another guest and would return shortly. After 10+ minutes, I called the hotel on my cell phone and the clerk came running to the front desk.
A little after midnight, someone tried to (or actually did) open our room's door. Then he called and said it was the front desk and apologized for disturbing us.(This property seems to have some confusion issues) By this time I was wide awake and had trouble falling back to sleep. And we had 450 miles to drive the next day.
When we checked out, again there was no one at the front desk.
I did call Choice Hotels. They gave the manager 72 hours to respond to our complaint. Guess what!!! No response. Can't say I'm surprised. Choice Hotels refunded our payment (it was a point stay)..
I might add, that this is the noisiest hotel that I've stayed at in a long, long time. My bed was near the door and you could hear other doors opening and closing, more than I've ever noticed at other hotels.. Also, this is a smoke-free hotel, but since there were staff people smoking near the front door (when we WEREN'T looking for someone) the entryway smelled of tobacco.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank almostelderlycouple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We were not happy with the sticky night stands nor the toothpaste splashes on the mirror or the refrigerator that didn't work right and was a half inch thick of ice on the back wall of the refrigerator and the ice caked freezer and that the air conditioner didnt reach the front room but we cleaned it up and bought a fan BUT after getting the run around after calling your hotel on Sunday July 5th about 7 pm about leaving our pillows we will not stay at this hotel again. I was told to call back on Monday morning, I called back on Monday and was told they would call me back after house keeping was done, they did not call back so I called later that evening and was told to call once again on Tuesday morning. I called back Tuesday and was told they would call me for sure by 1 PM. Surprise, there was no call once again. I dont understand why the run around. We know the pillows were left and it was our fault but when you offer to pay for them to be sent this is unacceptable for a business. We went out of our way to clean the room I think they could have done the same for us.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank netbear44
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My mom was a patient in a Lincoln hospital & this was an ideal place to stay for our family for several days. Our room was large with 2 bedroom areas that were divided by the kitchen/bathroom area. This layout provided lots of privacy & a feeling of a much larger room. Both bedroom areas had their own TVs with remotes (great for family members). Everything was super clean and well cared for. It was nice to be able to have a kitchen with stove & frig to save money on our extended stay. All kitchen items were provided including dish soap. They also offered a lower rate upon providing proof of her patient status which a great bonus. All the staff were professional and helpful. There is a large fitness center on the 2nd floor. The high speed internet was wi-fi and worked each time I used it in my room. Parking was close and I felt secure leaving my car. There is a Mexican restaurant right across the corner which we ate at one night. Even though it is located downtown, the room was quiet when the windows were closed. I slept well on the comfy beds with 4 pillows per bed. Overall, this was a great room at a great price. I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business