“Nothing special”

FireWorks Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 656 Restaurants in Lincoln
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At FireWorks, everyday is a celebration of wood-fired cooking. Keeping the tradition of from–scratch recipes with a contemporary flair, we put a creative twist on classic American comfort foods. Where primal flavors burst to life, celebrate mouthwatering favorites like steak and seafood grilled over a live hickory flame, slow-roasted rotisserie chicken and prime rib (named the best in town), and hand-tossed pizzas baked to order fresh in our custom wood-fired oven. Our children’s menu offers a kid-sized celebration of wood-fired cooking and kid favorites like mac & cheese, pizza, and grilled sirloin. There is a flavor for everyone.
New York, NY
“Nothing special”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The food was very average here and I'm being kind. Service wasn't great considering the restaurant was basically empty.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jwobkk

Nebraska
“Good food, a little crowded”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The food was good. We (a party of 2) were seated at a larger table that seemed to still be a little crowded with the other tables around it (although there was only one other table with anyone seated). The waitress passed by us twice, thinking we were waiting for more. But once that was cleared up, we had a nice lunch before continuing our business in Lincoln that day.

Visited November 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Food is not very good”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been there 4 times. The first couple of times I went there I don't remember it being that bad but nothing exceptional. The third time I went when my parents were in town. We all thought the food was really bad. My dad, who is not very picky when it comes to food, could barely eat his ribeye. He let me try a bite and it was really bad. I then had to go back there again for a work party. I was hopeful that the food would be better this time around and it was far from it. I tried a couple of there entrees since it was buffet style and neither of them were good. Despite the service being good and it being a nice place to dine, I doubt I ever go back because the food just isn't good.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Gipfather
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stopped here after church last night and was seated immediately (rather unusual for a Saturday night, of course the Huskers were on TV). My wife ordered the Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich that included rotisserie chicken, mayo, pineapple, celery and almonds on toasted ciabatta with lettuce and tomato. I opted for the Prime Rib Sandwich which was served with au jus on a open-faced, grilled sourdough bread. For our sides, we both chose the mac and cheese. Great food! Gina, our server took very good care of us.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Terry H
CA
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed a "girls" lunch at FireWorks. I ordered pulled pork which was excellent. The service was good as was the value. This is a restaurant to which I would return.

• Visited October 2013