“OK hotel, but at the wrong time I think.”

Holiday Inn Express Lincoln South
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Let me just say this: We arrived at 1am, exhausted, after a loooooong day of driving across the country. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of our room: it was HUGE! We liked our stay, the rooms were not really new, but ok overall. Breakfast was the usual continental, which is yucky to me, but it's a personnal opinion so... We were there at the same time as a team of teen basketball players... Let's just say there wasn'T much breakfast left. Anyways, besides this, the stay was ok.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2010

stayed here on the way to yellowstone. It was great. Room was two room suite. It was huge!!! Very Clean and great staff. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2010

My fiance and I stayed here right after a romantic dinner and my proposal. the staff was VERY accommodating, the room was clean, and we were given a fair rate. I'm not sure why the other reviewers had so many problems but the building seems to be under new management as the GM when i stayed was named Lucas. He offered to set up champagne and rose petals earlier than their special ran, and even gave me his personal phone number for setting everything up. I will certainly stay here again if given the chance!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2009

Stayed there on business. Good thing that our employer was footing the bill otherwise we would have left. Terribly rude people. The front counter and cleaning personnel were way too busy complaining about other employees and didn't seem to care that there were customers standing around to hear it. Not just one incident either, since we were there for several days. Housekeeping was the worst that I have ever seen. Seemed as if they were in a huge rush to clean the room and it was obvious by the job that they did. Obvious crumbs were on the floor when we arrived and were still there a day later. Pubic hair was on the floor and in the tub so that probably wasn't cleaned from the previous customer. Housekeeping staff leaves much to be desired. They should give them some kind of training on how to be respectful to customers and act in a professional way. This was not just with one or two employees as it seemed to go on for the length of our stay. Saw different people working each time. If they paid as much attention to their cleaning as they did to their in house gossip they would probably get a lot more accomplished. This is not the first time my company has put us there and we have complained before. I guess they don't care to bring things to the housekeeping and front desk personnel attention or we would see some kind of improvements.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Rooms were very dirty. Sheets looked liked they weren't changed. Housekeeping staff seems to be lazy. Person at check in was rude and didn't seem to care. Staff in back office was talking loudly and using profanity. She seemed to be a manager which i find very unprofessional. Pool was ok but hot tub looked dirty. Breakfast was horrible. Everything was nearly gone and staff didn't seem to care to replinish the food. This place give Holiday Inn Express a bad name. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

The rooms were dirty, the linen stunk and was dingy. Staff was expremely rude and did not care about one of our needs. We went to the night reception, to find they did not have one due to "remodeling" though I saw no signs of remodeling at all.
The manager was ignorant, unprofessional and rude. She apparently was on a HIGH HORSE. She basically said if you don't like it here go somewhere else, but would not give us our money back. I hope her superiors realize she is making a bad name for all holiday inn express's. We could hear her speaking very loudly about what I assumed was another staff member and using profanity. Somehting a paying guest does not care to here, I was surprise to see how non caring all the staff was. not one, hello, how are you, or what can I help you with. we waited at the front desk for over an half and hour, and could hear them behind talking about staff amongt themselves left a very bitter taste in our mouths. When we asked to cancel due to the wait, and the uncaring attitude, they refused and brought out the manager. She then told us that we would be charged, no if, ands, or butts about it, she would make sure of it. WOW. I have never experienced anything like it. we will never return to this holiday inn ever again. and we will not reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2008

The staff was very rude. When we asked if we could get a lower rate the counter help indicated that we could go next door if we didnt like it. We had already been there and decdided that it was too dirty. We thought this hotel appeared clean and well kept, it is too bad the staff was so rude and inflexible. I asked to talk to a manager and she indicated she was the general manager. We left and ended up paying more than expected downtown but we are not going to give our money to a hotel that treats its customers so rudely.

Stayed: March 2008