“Rather sleep under a bridge”

Economy Lodge and Suites
Ranked #59 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
“Rather sleep under a bridge”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Crap just crap everything is disgusting from the wall to the sheets to the bathroom to the people who work in the office except for maybe the night shift guy he was the only one who actually didnt look dirty and was decent but the "management" is terribly rude and can't be bothered to do her job she just is completely incompetent wouldn't let my dog stay here

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank jimpleet

Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I think I've now stayed at all of the lodging options in the Lincoln airport area. This cluster of motels offers the most competitive pricing in the whole state of Nebraska. I'm guessing Lincoln has so many places is because there's so much demand for rooms on Husker home game weekends. The rest of the year, they compete for the business of travelers and longterm guests. There are several motels that are worn and tired, this is among them. I did like the convenience of being able to park right outside my room. The best feature here is the high pressure and consistent water temperature of the shower. (I stayed at a hotel the next night for twice the price and had a terrible shower.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Absolutely horrendous. One very positive aspect was the great customer service upon arrival. Unfortunately, that is the ONLY positive. Upon stepping into the room, it is all downhill. The toilet had a very questionable substance in & on it, so I opted out of using it. The carpet & curtains both are in IMMENSE need of replacing (not because of being outdated, but because they are filthy & smell awful). However, the most disturbing and "Deal Breaker" moment came upon inspecting the bedding. There were numerous fresh (still wet!) stains on the sheets, complete with hairs sticking to them. This all unfolded within 5 moments of stepping in the door, and of course, we attempted to contact someone at the desk immediately. In that time, NO ONE was in the office, nor did anyone answer the numerous calls. I am absolutely aware of what a "cheap" room usually entails, but this is beyond sub-par. With no other option, we left without staying, and took our business to Motel 6. I fully intend on speaking with Management in the morning to resolve this, but I will absolutely advise against stopping here if going through Lincoln. Worst lodging experience to date.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank FromEast2West11
salnt cloud mn
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is a dive, the carpet is torn not to mention very very stained and filthy ur socks are black after just a few minutes . We had a suite with a whirlpool tub but wasnt able to use it because it hadnt been cleaned called to report it 2 mornings in a row and it still didnt get done. smoking room with no ash trays sorry they only have 2 for the whole place. The so called new manager dosent return calls you have to chase her down and dosent have very good repore with customers. Did i mention that the state puts the homeless up there also. would not recomend unless very very desperate. Also advertise pool but no water shut down by the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bubba56387
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

This is not at all my kind of place to stay but after driving all night I needed a break. This was the only place that let me check in before sunrise that didn't want me out by 11am. So I checked in and slept for 6 solid hours and was grateful. I would talk about the old curtains, blankets, tv and well everything in the room but for 35 bucks I didn't expect anything else. The place was clean and that was all I needed. Oh they advertise a pool but there is no water in it not that I cared.

• Stayed May 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 10, 2011

As a touring musician I've stayed in hotels ranging from 1-5 stars all over the world.... I've stayed in hostels in Europe, hotels that double as brothels in China, and several one star extended stays that allow pets (their smells, their hairs. etc...) But this economy lodge is awful. Whoever is writing retorts under the auspice of new management is completely full of b.s. When I got to the hotel they claimed I had never made a reservation. I pulled up my confirmation number on my phone to prove that I had in fact made the res, but also had paid for it in advance. The incompetent woman behind the desk had a meltdown about this...she was near tears and acted completely unprofessional. I was very pleasant and kind, but she couldn't handle the fact that she had no record of my booking. After about 30 mins of her freaking out I finally got a room key under the premise that I would have a meeting with the hotel manager at 7 am the next morning. It turns out the reason they didn't know about my online booking was that their fax machine was broken... hmmm.

Ok, so that was annoying. But here was what was wrong with the room:

1. roaches in the tub
2.bloodstains on the bathroom door
3. several strange strange stains on the walls
4. the bedding smelled like cologne, grime and hairspray
5. it was freezing outside, but I couldn't with the heater on b/c it was blowing out stuff that caused me to cough and have a generally funny feeling in my throat.

If you are cheap, I get that. Go stay at Motel 6 or something. But if you stay at Economy lodge after reading the reviews you are seriously lacking scruples. By scruples I mean brain cells.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank loralboxer
FRANKTOWN, CO
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I would not recommend thus hotel to anyone. Rooms were dirty, show didn't drain, lamp shades torn, sheets don't fit beds, carpet stained, do I need to go on!

• Stayed November 2011