“Classy, and tasty. What more do you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oven

The Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 654 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
San Diego
“Classy, and tasty. What more do you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere and overall feel of the restaurant is very modern and classy. (A good feeling). The food was very delicious and the prices weren't out of the roof. The creamy chicken curry was exceptional, and the tandoori meats were very flavorful. Service was good, price was good, food was good. Nuff said.

West Jordan, Utah
“An Excellent Find in Lincoln”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

As with all the other reviews, this restaurant is about the best Indian I've had. An appetizer called Chana Masala started us off, and I recommend that. Then on to some excellent entrees. My wife had the Tandoori Grill and I had the Kheema. They have an amazing wine and beer selection, which is good to help with the spice. Next trip we try the curries!

• Visited August 2014
wisconsin
“Very good food and beautiful decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten Indian food all over the world including in India.
This ranks very high. They have a window where you can watch the chef at the tandoor oven.
Some of the best naan I have ever. We had a minced meat kabob, naan, Bombay Dahl and raita.
Prices were very reasonable and it is in a refurbished warehouse area that is a few blocks from campus
Modern cocktail specialties which you rarely find at an Indian restaurant.
Beautiful colorful mural covered the back wall. Amber candle holders lit on every table and very pleasant lighting gave a lovely atmosphere
Wish the Indian restaurants in our town were like this!

Silverthorne, Colorado
“Hands down the best Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I've heard people say this is the best Indian food, anywhere. After my travels I will have to agree. There are many vegetarian options to choose from. Before I became vegetarian, I think the Goa Shrimp from here was the best meal I've ever had. The wine list is simply amazing, like, unbelievable. I've taken friends and family here who are hesitant, to say the least, when it comes to ethnic food and they all love it. The onion kulcha, chana masala and garlic naan are all a must for appetizers. They always have tasty local beers on tap as well as the Indian standard Kingfischer. I always liked to see the owner there making sure everything was running nice and smooth. The location is great, down in the Haymarket. Get a table outside so you can do a bit of people-watching. This place has set the standard for Indian dining for me and I've yet to come across a restaurant that gives you this kind of experience. It should be at number one...CONFIRMED.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Oven East Rocks a Curry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We love this restaurant, and have visited both locations frequently. The portions are generous without being ridiculous, the curry is always delicious, the spicing is for Midwestern palates, but can be enhanced if you like the heat. The salads are fresh and delicious and the Mulligatawny soup is wonderful. Get the naan for sopping up every drop.
Great place--we'll be back!

• Visited July 2014