“The Oven exceeds all expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oven

The Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 653 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Oven exceeds all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Consistently great tasting food, high quality competent staff, and a wonderful setting. The wine selection is excellent and "The Cellar" offers a wonderful setting to relax with family, and enjoy a fine appetizer or full meal. We have eaten at this restaurant for over 15 years and never been disappointed. To top it all off, the price is amazing, my wife and I can enjoy dinner for under $40.00 total and can add a bottle of wine for $30 - $40 dollars more.

• Visited February 2014

Ashland, Oregon
“Always excellent Indian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My son and I ate at the Oven on a Sunday evening. The place was crowded as usual, but we were seated right away. The ambiance was quiet and comfortable. I had the lamb madras which was very good. My son had a vegetarian dish that he loved. All of our food was served hot an delicious. We also had the regular and garlic naan. I eat here whenever I am in Lincoln and love it.

Visited February 2014
New York, NY
“Good Indian food, nice setting, professional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Very good meal here. The food was good, not the best Indian food I've ever had but considering this was in Lincoln, Nebrasaka, this exceeded expectations. The service was polished and friendly. A very nice wine list with good prices. After dinner we went down stairs to the wine cellar and enjoyed a tour of the walk-in wine cellar and another bottle of wine. The cellar is a good place to hang out as the atmosphere is really nice.

• Visited February 2014
Fargo, North Dakota
“First Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My fiance wanted to try someplace new so we went outside of our comfort zone a little bit and came here based on the reviews. We were very happy we did! The waitress was very helpful helping us decide what to get since we were unfamiliar with most of the things on the menu.

We both enjoyed our meals and look back fondly on the memory! Will definitely back!

• Visited March 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“I love the Indian Oven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have always loved the Indian Oven and whenever the urge strikes; Indian Oven is the go-to Indian restaurant for me. Excellent food, excellent staff, and reasonable prices. I particulary like the Tandoori oven-grilled fare. I have never been disaapointed; and there are two restaurants to choose from. Downtown in the Haymarket and at 70th and Pioneers. Each has its own ambience and I love 'em!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Oven? Share your experiences!