“Consistently great for years”
Review of The Oven

The Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 669 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

First place I ever tried Indian Food, 20+ years ago, and it's still great. The downstairs wine room and lounge are a great addition.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having enjoyed a lot of Indian food in my life, this was one of the poorest Indian meals I have eaten. I ordered my favorite Chicken Jalfrezi and received chunks of chicken mixed with chunks of onion and green peppers with almost no sauce. Looking at other reviews, maybe I should have made a different choice but sorry I won't be back.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am no expert (or even a novice) with Indian cuisine, and I have only partaken a few times. I ordered items I never had before and enjoyed it all. The mulligatawny soup is very unique with a real after bite, which I like. The spices were well balanced in all of the food items. For those with more of a taste for Indian food at the table, they enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dinner at Haymarket location. Vegetable madras quite good with a kick, creamy sauce, seasonal veggies and homemade paneer. Garlic naan good texture but I anticipated fresh garlic and not powdered topping. Meal came with choice of soup or salad. Salad had a very acidic lemon vinaigrette that was unpleasing to me and folks seated next to me. I've had much better Indian elsewhere but the curry was decent and a very generous portion--big enough to split at $12. Service and decor pleasant enough. Only visiting Lincoln, but if I lived here doubt I'd be a regular customer simply because there was nothing spectacular about the space, service or food I tasted and saw served. Half way through the meal I wished I had returned to Lazlo's for salmon and blue cheese dressing. I know, comparing apples and oranges here but I still can't get over just how tasty that salmon was!

1  Thank sabrina d
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Oven has great Indian cuisine! The Chicken Korma is phenomenal, the spinach bread is delicious (as are all the other breads) and there are plenty of vegetarian options!

1  Thank Cdaz2012