“pretty good overall”
Review of The Oven

The Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 656 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
Madison, Wisconsin
“pretty good overall”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dinner at Haymarket location. Vegetable madras quite good with a kick, creamy sauce, seasonal veggies and homemade paneer. Garlic naan good texture but I anticipated fresh garlic and not powdered topping. Meal came with choice of soup or salad. Salad had a very acidic lemon vinaigrette that was unpleasing to me and folks seated next to me. I've had much better Indian elsewhere but the curry was decent and a very generous portion--big enough to split at $12. Service and decor pleasant enough. Only visiting Lincoln, but if I lived here doubt I'd be a regular customer simply because there was nothing spectacular about the space, service or food I tasted and saw served. Half way through the meal I wished I had returned to Lazlo's for salmon and blue cheese dressing. I know, comparing apples and oranges here but I still can't get over just how tasty that salmon was!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank sabrina d

Sedona, Arizona
“Best restaurant in Lincoln!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Oven has great Indian cuisine! The Chicken Korma is phenomenal, the spinach bread is delicious (as are all the other breads) and there are plenty of vegetarian options!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Cdaz2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Gave this place a scone chance and loved it”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I aways thought " The Oven" was not authentic - being in Lincoln. NE.
I was wrong.
The Mulligatawny was delicate but still spicy
Vegetarian Thali was very good and had 5-6 dishes plus spices and dessert.
Bar tender/ waiter ( Kenny) was very professional and personable.
Tim

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tim D
Lincoln
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service too slow and uninspired to enoy the food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The waiter was indifferent, reluctant even to bring me a drinks menu or explain what curries my husband could get on the side. We waited an hour and a half for the food, we finally asked him when it was coming and he said "A minute? Less?" He sounded sarcastic and I guess he was because it took quite a while more to get the food. When it came, mine was mostly cold. $60 down the drain, it'll be a while before we give them another try. Maybe it's better on weekdays.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank azuremountain1
Stillwater, MN
“Had to try it”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

and it was very good. We found the food etc at the other location to be very very good so on this return trip to Lincoln we had to try the Haymarket location. Great décor, good service, good food but we think we like the other location better. Perhaps because it was less crowded. It's the same menu and I am sure the same recipes.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank StillwaterTraveler

Been to The Oven? Share your experiences!