“Great dinner & service”
Review of The Oven

The Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 679 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: to The Oven Haymarket/Cellar, The Oven East and Himalayas. Our aspiration is to provide you with a delightful dining experience. You will indulge in cuisine of Northern India and Bhutan. Our dishes are rich in flavor, color, and texture. With family style dining we hope that you bring family and friends to savor some of the finest Indian cuisine.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My daughter and I went to dinner here. The waiter was very helpful in assisting us with our choices. The wine he chose was a perfect complement to my choice of entree.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As curry-lovers, this resturant's recipes were a welcome change of pace and flavor for our dinner for two. Full bar and wine selections made for a great visit, though the dining room is a bit nosiy when it's full. Ask to try their various chutneys!

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I visit Lincoln about one of every six weeks. When in town, I dine at The Oven about three times a week. With two exceptions, their food is reliable and delicious. Their appetizers, soup, and stews served over rice, especially lamb stews, are exceptionally good. The problem areas are their kebobs, chewy in the extreme, and their bar, which serves bland, uninteresting drinks.

1  Thank tampatowers
Reviewed October 11, 2012

While in Lincoln, NE, a friend and I visited the Oven, an Indian restaurant located in the historic Haymarket area of Lincoln, NE. At first I was suspicious. Indian food in CornHusker country? Once we looked at the menu, we realized that this place had some serious food choices: a large variety of Nan and bread, curries, vindaloo and Paneer. It seemed like paradise. We decided to share the meal and order garlic nan, a lovely mixed vegatble curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, a Mulligatawny, and rice. For dessert, we selected a pistachio Kulfi. The meal did not disappoint. The food was superb, nicely spiced and freshly prepared. Portions were reasonable and very filling. The Kulfi was a nice conclusion to the meal. Definitely, we will need to return and sample the other dishes on the menu. Worth stopping next time we drive to Lincoln.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I couldn't believe it when my husband said the #2 rated restaurant in Lincoln was an Indian restaurant. Why you ask? I guess I don't associate Lincoln with India food, or Nebraska for that matter. Anyway, I went along and when we showed up the place was pretty crowded for a Tuesday. Our server was very attentive and patient with us while we studied everything on the menu. We both ordered mulligatawny soup, which I had never had (well, that's not true...I've had a nursing home version of it and it was awful). Anyway, this soup was fantastic, spicy, but flavorful. We also ordered some garlic naan. I was a little disappointed that they had no onion chutney. They brought out the mint chutney instead and it was so good, it made up for the fact that I had no onion chutney. We really could have split two entrees, because the portions were generous, but my husband ordered the Lamb Vindaloo and I ordered the Chicken Korma. Both dishes were good, but I preferred the Vindaloo over the Korma, the meat was more tender and the overall dish was spicier. We did not have room for dessert, but the next day I was still thinking about that soup.

Been to The Oven? Share your experiences!