“Not the best place with dietary restrictions” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Not the best place with dietary restrictions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The people who worked there were fairly nice, although our server was not very knowledgeable (you should know what types of salad dressings are available). My biggest problem was with the food I got and the description of it. I thought chicken mazatlan would be grilled veggies and chicken with some sauces. It was something that tasted like it was made from tomato soup, and it coated all the chicken and vegetables. I didn't like the sauce at all, so I didn't really get to eat anything.
The beans were good, but those just probably come out of a big can.
The hot salsa was, as someone said previously, weakly flavored, and I think there was little in the guacamole but avocados.

• Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tenderloin strips in my Steak Picado dish? Don't think so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I ordered this dish and a few strips of hard to chew meat were floating in oil and red spiced sauce. Beans and Rice sides were so-so. I won't come back to this restaurant.

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Authentic Mexican Food and Atmosphere, Strong Margaritas!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

Went out last night with my girlfriend and another couple last night to celebrate my birthday. I was looking for a place that had good drink specials and was feeling mexican food for the night. I had actually never been to Mazatlan even though I live 5 minutes away.

The decor was just decent there, could probably use a little bit of updating, but still had Mexican flair. Wasnt a very busy night, but it was also 8:30, and on a Wednesday night.
Tuesday/Wednesday are $2.50 Margarita nights, and let me tell you - they make them pretty strong there. GReat place to meet for a nice of Margaritas for cheap!

You get served a fresh bowl of chips and salsa free of charge, and the service was very prompt.

The portions were pretty huge, but you were paying about $15/plate. I ate till I was full and still had plenty left over.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the food. I ordered the Chicken en Mole. It wasnt the best mole sauce I have had, and could have used a bit more spice, but overall - served with toritilla shells, it was a enjoyable meal.

I definitely will go back again if people are in the mood for Mexican, but there are a lot of different choices for Mexican food in Lincoln as well, so it depends on which part of lincoln Im in.

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

I do not know what is with people in Lincoln liking terrible mexican food but Mazatlan is awful. I would rather eat Taco Bell than go to Mazatlan as they are basically the same microwaved food.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank lincolnfood
“Okay..there's better places”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

I'm somewhat spoiled after eating Mexican food in many other places besides Lincoln. Food at Mazatlan is filling, but that's about it. Any Mexican restaurant worth it's reputation ought to make good enchiladas. Here they are dry and relatively tasteless. My wife's berrito wasn't much better. The Margarita's were large, but sour tasting. My bottled dos Equis was fine. Prices were a bit steep for Below average food.

1 Thank Jackson802

Been to Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!