“take an umbrella”

Lazlo's Brewery & Grill
Ranked #4 of 668 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Creative comfort food. Hand crafted beer. High quality service in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Patronized Lazlos in the Haymarket during the Huskers football game. It was an excellent time to go, as most of the 90,000 fans were still in Memorial Stadium. No trouble finding a table. The food was delicious, but our wait staff did not provide good service. Then, towards the end of our meal, we noticed water dripping from the ceiling on us! Not sure why and we didn't want to know from where it came. UGH! When we brought it to Jamie's attention, we were greatly disappointed that we were not compensated for our discomfort with either a reduced price on our meal or perhaps a gift card to encourage our return visit. My suggestion is to "look up" before you sit down at this restaurant!

There are newer reviews for Lazlo's Brewery & Grill

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a group of 4, everyone got something a little different. Their apple sauce is quite unique. Service was decent as well. appreciated that the size of this place could accommodate people without much of a wait.

It's a fun low key atmosphere with a pretty big menu that should accommodate just about any persons taste!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had lunch at Lazlos. The food and service were great! The prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere was just what we were looking for.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Can't believe all the good reviews for this place. Standard college town bar and grill. We only ate here because we were traveling through and it was open later than most spots.
First off, upon seating, we requested the "Complimentar beer bread." They were out of it. The waitress said she would toast up some other bread for us, if we wanted. My husband was starving so we said okay. It was just a couple slices of bread you would buy at the grocery store, in a loaf - and like she said, toasted - as in an actual toaster.
Oh, well, moving on. My husband ordered the prime rib. He always orders it medium rare. She said they were out of cuts from rare up to medium well. In other words, all they had left was medium well to well. That not being an option, he ordered the strip steak. I ordered the shrimp brochette. He asked for fries with his. I asked for sweet potatoe fries. She asked us if we would like dipping sauce with the fries. We said, sure. My husband got garlic, I got honey mustard.
The steak was touted on the menu as being "Omaha Steaks" - like you see advertised all over the place by mail order.
Well, it was the worst steak my husband ever had. I saw the tons of fat he had to cut off of it. Being from Chicago, this steak was a joke. If this was a World-Famous Omaha Steak, I am so grateful I never succumbed to the advertising and bought their ridiculously overpriced mail-order steaks.
Then when the bill came, we saw we were charged for that "dipping sauce" for the fries, which she neglected to tell us would be extra. It's probably on the menu, but I hate, hate, hate when restaurants have to be that desparate and tacky to steer the unknowing customers into something extra to pay for. Leave that to McDonalds and Burger King.
So the restaurant got the extra money, and the poor waitress had to eat the cost because we took it out of her tip.
I would avoid this place.

1  Thank Max M
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked a private room for a reunion dinner. Booking was easy and the banquet manager was excellent dealing with my requests for food and timing.

We had only one glitch, but it ended up shortening our night significantly - after an unforeseeable power outage the AC was impacted in the restaurant. Although they got someone there for repairs during the day prior to opening, for some reason our room had issues that resurfaced that evening (I'm unsure how nobody noticed the temperature in our room while setting up - it was oppressive). The manager was great and worked quickly to get a repairman on site, but wasn't able to get the cool air'a'pumpin. He generously paid for our groups' drinks for a portion of the night, which was very much appreciated. Unfortunately we left several hours earlier than expected to return to the hotel bar for drinks where there was ac.

Food was excellent - I'd return and hold an event here again without a doubt.