“Unbelievably bad!”

Lazlo's Brewery & Grill
Ranked #4 of 677 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Creative comfort food. Hand crafted beer. High quality service in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've heard great things about the restaurant but tonight was not the night. Here are few of the highlights (or lowlights).

1. I ordered a diet Pepsi with a lime. An honest mistake, they forgot the lime. Finally somebody brought a lime and threw the plate on the table, lime goes flying. No response.
2. A different person brought bread. He put his elbow in the bread and then proceeds to wipe his hand on the apron, reaches in the bread basket and pulls out a piece saying you shouldn't have to eat that one. Three times I asked for fresh bread and no help.
3. I was still eating my salad and another person came by and grabbed the plate even before I was done.
4. I ordered a steak medium rare with sweet potato fries. The fries were few and what there was were cold. The steak was seared on one side (nice char marks) but not on the other. The people table across said it is not your night.
5. Nobody came to ask how the food was. I was finished eating for almost ten minutes before somebody came by with the check.

I'm not sure if it was an off night, an over-rated restaurant or they just treat solo business travelers poorly, but it was the worst $35 spent dining while on the road for 40 weeks so far this year. Never again.

1  Thank WIRoadWarrior
Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everytime I am in downtown Lincoln, I can smell the hickory smoke from Lazlos. It never disappoints. Both the food and service is excellent, along with their selection of cratfted beers.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was impressed with the rustic details of the interior and the varied menu. I had a Mahi Mahi sandwich with fries. The fish was tender and moist with a fine cole slaw topping. The fries were crinkle cut and crispy. The place wasn't particularly busy and there were a lot of servers but our waitress was a bit slow to check us in and out. It's a nice location and I would return. The prices were very reasonable, too.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good food, good price, good service from staff an good atmosphere. There were six of us and we all enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I typically eat at the south location on 56th and Old Chaney and have yet to be let down. This micro-brewery is one of the best in the area and the food is just as good. Would recommend for both lunch and dinner.