“Not Particularly Remarkable Sunday Brunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Grandmother's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Not Particularly Remarkable Sunday Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

There were tons of people for the Sunday brunch, so I had high hopes for the food. The service was great, but the food was not anything special. Sure, they offer a good variety of entrees and desserts, but I felt that the seasoning was a little too strong and one dimensional. It is nice that your beverage is included into the buffet price. Nevertheless, I do not foresee myself returning to this restaurant any time soon.

• Visited August 2014

Nebraska City, Nebraska
“Not Sure ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

They are always advertising something in the newpaper and on their building, so I decided to visit for their salad sale. When I was ready to dine the hostes counter senior woman was on the phone and the other girl did not know what to do, maybe she was new or just standing there like a statue, I'm not sure. The woman on the phone asked if I were there for lunch? Well it was one in the afternoon I'm not sure what else I would have been there for a pony ride maybe ? I was seated and staff seemed efficent and attentive. I had a taco salad. In with the ground beef was a large meatball "clod" of the meat, Im not sure how this could have been overlooked ? Another table near me had an issue for the manager, he seemed sincere about the problem and removed the charges for whatever it was. The place at the time mostly contained senior female diners, maybe that's why they call it Granmother's? I also intended to return but after this experience asked a friend about my experience and the possibility of returning. Her experience with the drinks and food was less than our expectations which would be what is pretty basic. I do not think we will be returning and unfortunatley for Grandmothers will go elswhere!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

the food was great. the service was very good. they have some good bread, they serve with the meals. great onion rings and some great steaks. I stopped in for lunch, as I do a few times, there. they were busy, but they did get me in, in very good order. and they were glad to serve me, even though I was solo. they can be a little pricey, but you get good food, and good portions. I say, I got my money's worth there.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bill G
Richfield, Minnesota, United States
“The Best Sunday Brunch Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Looking for a great Sunday Brunch for a reasonable price? Then this is the place you have to check out. It is a brunch in the true sense of the word. From special order omelets and waffles to fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. This place has it all!! Fresh fruit, eggs, different kinds of potatoes, fried chicken and the desserts! Unbelievable. Will most definitely go there again when visiting Lincoln, Nebraska.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sharon D
“Great Hamburgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had lunch at Grandmothers on Saturday and we ordered their Saturday lunch special which was any of their hamburgers for 4.98. What a surprise, the hamburgers were hand pressed, moist and delicious. They came with chunky french fries and 2 nice fresh and hot onion rings.
We had the best server. He was attentive, friendly and a Royal baseball fan!!! What more could you want. If you want a wonderful hamburger, go to Grandmothers at lunch on Saturday and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013