“Lincoln classic”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Austin, Texas, United States
“Lincoln classic”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Growing up in Lincoln, a trip to Valentino's on a visit is a must. This location on south 70th street has always had a buffet, but this one is now on steroids. In fact, you can't order off the menu here. The salad bar has always been and still is excellent. The pizza, lasagna, and pasta is excellent as always. The sauce is like no other place I have eaten pizza, it's a little sweet...it's just "Valentino's". The size of the buffet is impressive; I have to say, even aside from the deviation from what Valentino's is, the Chinese and Mexican food is mediocre, but I wouldn't expect anyplace to be able to maintain that much food on a buffet. I didn't try the seafood on the italian buffet, but the corn fritters were excellent. The dessert bar is also excellent. The service was impressive..very kid and large group friendly. People all over the place with one person "assigned" to the table to clear plates, etc. Great kid activity bags, lots of clean boosters and high chairs, balloons, and even a free token per kid to try the game to get a stuffed animal on the way out (though it is one of those claw games that is a rip-off and dissappoints the kids when they don't get anything..worse still when one of the 4 kids in the group actually does win). They were awesome and gave us lots of tries...still left with only one toy in the group. A must-do...stick to the classics for Valentino's.

• Visited August 2013

Champaign, Illinois
“Grew up on Val's pizza”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I grew up eating Val's pizza long before there was a buffet. It was the best pizza and the garlic rolls were to die for. I eat at the buffet sometimes but it is not nearly as good as ordering and getting a fresh pizza. The garlic rolls on the buffet aren't at all like they were 35 years ago when you ordered them fresh to your table. The pizza is not nearly as good either. I love to order a fresh pepperoni pizza on my way back home to Illinois and eat it as we drive home. It is the best. My teenage son love it too and always requests it. On the buffet I like the spinach noodle salad it has always been one of my favorites. The rest of the buffet is OK. They used to have cheese frenchees on the buffet, if you are a middle aged Nebraksan or older you know what I'm talking about. They served those at King's Food Host Restaurants when they were around. They had those on the Val's buffet for a while, wish they would bring them back. I gave only 4 stars because the buffet is just average, but I definitely give a fresh out of the oven pizza brought to your table or take out a 5 rating.

• Visited March 2013
LINCOLN
“Best hometown pizza”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always' the same quality and taste....just great...none better I have visited Valentino's since the middle 60's. I have had pizzza in different countries and locally. I always consider Val's my favorite even though I stray away on occasion.
s

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Family Place, Great Food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The only thing wrong with Valentino's is that I overeat! I use to live in Lincoln and everyone knew Valentino's. Now, each time I return home, it is on the list of "must do while I am home." Great place to meet with my large family. Totally buffet, where people pay before they go in. Lots of options for food, salads, pizza, and more than just italian food. Great options for desserts for families (ice cream, brownies, etc., not fancy desserts). Very fun kids' buffet, recognizing they might want less options and have different ability to reach! Highly recommend it as a place to go.
Coupons usually available, but reasonably priced either way. Senior discounts.
Great place to meet your family in a casual setting.

• Visited November 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
“good food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

great pizza and other Italian food. I love the buffet here. when I eat in, that is what I will get. see my other review on this place.

Visited January 2013