“Don't waist your time.”

Cuisines: American, Bar
New Castle, Colorado
“Don't waist your time.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had been told that this was an ok place to go, so we made the drive or to have a drink or two and dinner, bad choice. It took a bit of time for someone to actually tell us it was sit where ever you wanted and that we didn't have to wait. Once seated it did not take very long for a waitress to come over and take our drink orders. She then handed us menus to oreder dinner from, the menu was very limited (about 10 or so things to choose from), she then told us that most of the items on the menu were unavailable because they were out of the foods. We ordered three beers and then tried to decide on the remaining few items for dinner. None of the remaining items available on the menu seemed to sound good so we decided to try another place for dinner. It took some time for the waitress to bring us our check, but she was a very nice waitress and very helpfull when we asked questions. The building was very nice and layed out really well for a sports bar, maybe a couple more TVs, but still not bad. The atmosphere was good, and the Cornhuskers were definately representing. I would not recommend this restaurant for anything more then some beers.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Timothy Y

Lincoln Nebraska
“So I went back against my better judgment”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well, after my first experience here, I wrote a scathing review on this restaurants website. The manager of the place sent me a giftcard as sort of a peace offering. I thought that was nice until my wife and I went back to use the giftcard. We went over lunch and once again the place was not very busy. I order the hot roast beef and my wife ordered some kind prime rib sandwich. The food was awful. My first bit of the roast beef came right back out as it was 100% fat and grizzle, plus the flavor was atrocious. It honestly tasted spoiled. My wife bit into her sandwich with the same reaction. Even though we thought we got two different types of meat, prime rib vs roast beef, they were virtually identical and tasted the same. Neither of us finished our meal. I gave the waitress the gift card which still had around $5 on it when all was said and done. I actually just threw away the remaining $5. My wife became ill 20 minutes after we left the facility and I had terrible cramping. That was just great as my wife was 36 weeks pregnant at the time. Thank you Down the Hatch for the worst experiences ever. But hey, at least they're consistent.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Otter2269
Lincoln Nebraska
“1st experience will be the last”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Waitress was quick to our table and took our drink order.
Our beers were out quickly, however, they were not what either of us
considered cold and both were just a bit skunky in our opinion. I would
think we are experts with as much beer as we've had. I ordered the burger
and my friend ordered the nachos supreme. My burger came out and was
charred so bad I couldn't finish it. First time I've ever left burger on my
plate. My buddies nachos were inedible. He barely touched them. It was as
if some old chips were thrown in a microwave with some shredded cheese on
top. The first chip he went after moved the whole plate. It was like one
giant chip mess that you couldn't pull apart. Didn't help that it was cold.
The cut up chicken on top was old and dry, possibly reheated. Overall our
experience was not very good and we will not be back until perhaps some
changes are made. Neither of us wanted to bug the waitress but you would
have though 2 plate fulls of food left uneaten would have raised some red
flags. Oh, just one more thing, the main big screen was broken which is
kind of a downer in a sports bar. I hope the next time I visit, if there is
a next time, will be a better one.
On a positive note, I did send an email to their website expressing my displeasure and received a response within 24 hours. The management was apologetic and insisted on sending me a gift card. It sounded like they were going to address the issues I had.

• Visited July 2013