“An Excellent Establishment” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #96 of 639 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Shen Cafe believes that great Chinese food starts with the ingredients. Thus, we are on a mission to find the best ingredients for our customers. We will purchase the freshest meats and produce available to us. In addition, we aim to purchase local ingredients when possible. Our sauces and marinades are made in house through recipes created from over 25 years of experience in the Chinese food industry. The food will be cooked fresh to guarantee the highest quality and the best taste we can achieve.
Lincoln, Nebraska
“An Excellent Establishment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have been wanting to visit this restaurant for months, and last night my boyfriend and I finally made it happen. If only we had done so sooner! For the past several years I have been disappointed with the quality of Chinese food in Lincoln, but Shen Cafe has changed the game. I ordered the Shrimp Shen Mix and I was extremely impressed - the veggies tasted extraordinarily fresh, the shrimp was very high quality, and the fried rice was delicious in and of itself. In addition, the staff here could not be more polite, and we were treated kindly during our entire ordering and dining process. Props to your wonderful restaurant, we will be back soon!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank getbackzack

Midwest USA
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Really good food and extremely friendly staff. Order up front and food is brought out to your table.

Atmosphere is very relaxing and comfortable.

2 Thank DS_Midwest
Lincoln, Nebraska
“clean, friendly and great food priced right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Charming place to enjoy great food! Eat in or take out, either way works! My husband and I have tried several of the dishes over the past 3 weeks. There is not one that disappointed us. The food is brought out to your table as each dish is done, nothing is sitting under a heat lamp here, it's FRESH AND DELICIOUS.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jan T
Lincoln, NE
“Fair priced, above average Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The ordering process is a bit complex. Once you get passed the ordering frustration this is a solid choice for Chinese food in Lincoln. The staff seemed a bit flustered but were very kind and delivered the food exactly as ordered even though we customized our entrees quite a bit. The interior is plain and simple but very nice. I ordered the Blazing sauce with my shrimp and broccoli and it wasn't spicy enough. I'd kick it up another notch next time. For a brand new restaurant this place was good. I have a feeling it will get better with time.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jski529
“Reasonably priced casual leaning towards formal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great place to eat without busting the bank! You order from the board at the counter, then find your table. However the dining area is NOT A FAST FOOD DINER, it's open and inviting with tables and booths. They bring your order to the table. The food was really great and the overall atmosphere far above what I expected!

• Visited July 2013