“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We had "The Best" service from when we walked in until we left! The food was a VERY GENEROUS portion and tasted fabulous! Thank you for everything!

There are newer reviews for Florio's Italian Restaurant & Grill

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Florio's is an odd place: not like typical steakhouses in other cities, but somehow perfectly suited to its Lincoln, Nebraska location. My experience with other steak joints leans more toward dark, rich-interiored, cigar-smokey rooms filled with business men doing deals. Not Florio's. It has the odd feel of an Olive Garden restaurant. Open, airy, early nineties decor, it's family run and the service is very friendly giving it the feel of a real neighborhood spot. Our waitress was extremely prompt, polite, warm, and a cutie pie. Though it doesn't have quite the ambiance or style one might expect from a classic steakhouse, it attracts plenty of customers, particularly families for two main reasons: great prices and substantial portions. And when I use the word substantial, I'm not kidding! The wine list is brief but fairly priced. The homemade rolls are warm and satisfyingly divine pillows. Eat up 'em though, they just don't taste the same the next day. The salads are simple, enormous and reasonably fresh. I ordered muscles with marinara sauce but found them disappointing. There were plenty but they were the frozen, large half-shells you can buy in the freezer section and the sauce was more like vodka than marinara. Filling, but not the taste I was hoping for. The Caprese was again quantity over subtlety. The tomatoes were not ripe and the Moz very firm with quite a slather of balsamico, but you definitely got your fill. My wife had the ribeye and it was spot on. It was a thinner cut, but beautifully seasoned and cooked rare as requested. Nice accompaniments played great supporting roles. I had a white fish special and it too was amply portioned (ready to feed a family) and tasty. A cannoli followed and it was tasty finish though I wish the mascarpone was lighter and creamier. One thing's for certain, you won't leave Florio's hungry!

1  Thank mingfatsai
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our second visit to Florio's. We first visited quite a while ago and were not too impressed. I kept reading great reviews and decided to give it another shot. I am so glad we did! My husband and I both had the lobster ravioli and it is fantastic! It comes with a choice of soup or salad and fresh baked bread. The salads were fresh and huge, and the bread was a fabulous improvement to the store bought french bread they served when they first opened. We also had the Florio appetizer, which included a few fried shrimp, cheese ravioli and calamari. The ravioli was great and the shrimp and calamari were okay. The calamari is the ringed style and was just a touch chewy. We prefer a flakier coating on our calamari. My kids had the chicken strips and cheese ravioli. The chicken is a breaded breast that is sliced into strips that comes with sweet potato fries. My daughter really enjoyed her cheese ravioli. The kids all thanked us several times for taking them there. I am already looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Have eaten at Florios on multiple occasions and never have had anything but great service and Great food. Tried multiple items on the menu and never have been disappointed. Service is outstanding. Would highly recommend

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went in for valentines dinner. We were told it would be a 45 min. wait. We founds seats at the bar, ordered a drink and had a table ready for us in 15 minutes. They were busy and had a limited menu for the evening. Our server Todd was excellent. We had the tortellini in a vodka sauce and my date had salmon Palermo, both were very good.The food was great, service every good! Plenty to eat. Great experience reasonably priced. Will definitely be back!