“Excellent Way to Ring in the New Year”

Florio's Italian Restaurant & Grill
Ranked #90 of 668 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the second time we've eaten dinner at Florio's and all four of us were pleased with the meals and service. We each ordered something different from the other, including filet, sirloin, veal and shrimp and scallops. Generous portions coupled with excellent flavors (salad and veggies were top-notch) brought rave reviews. We shared cannoli and gelato and again, we were all satisfied with the sweetness and crunchiness of the cannoli and the smoothness and flavor of the gelato. Bar beverages were good. My husband who makes craft beer was not impressed with the Italian beer he drank with his steak. No surprise there. All in all, this was a good dining experience with excellent service. (One small glitch. One person was served about three or four minutes after the others. Since it was still early in the evening this should not have happened.)

There are newer reviews for Florio's Italian Restaurant & Grill

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have now been here twice and both experiences were great! This is the best Italian food I have found in Lincoln by far. The service is very good and friendly. The first time I went with my wife for dinner. I tried the NY Strip in the Shrimp Scampi sauce and my wife got a salad. We both really enjoyed our meals. I wanted to go back to try more of their menu so I took my parents here for lunch while they were in town. I got the Tour of Italy, my mom tried the lasagna, and my dad tried the chicken parmesan. The meals also came with bread and salads. All of us thought our meals were exceptionally good! They do have really large portions so plan on bringing some home. I will continue to come back here and am really glad to have a good Italian restaurant in the south part of Lincoln.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We celebrated my husband's birthday here and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. He ordered the sirloin steak and it was just the way he wanted it. I ordered the shrimp and scallop scampi with asparagus over pasta and it was also very good. There was A LOT of pasta, four good-sized shrimp and a nice helping of very small scallops. I prefer larger scallops as these seem a bit bland. The sauce was tasty although I did add quite a bit of the cheese which is set permanently in a bowl on the table. I added pepper as well. The salads were generous, fresh and super tasty with the house dressing. A generous basket of excellent homemade rolls and a nice touch . . . our waiter/bartender poured dipping oil onto our plates. Husband had a beer. I drank water. Total bill before tip was $54 plus change. We had a dining passport and that brought the bill to just under $29. This was a big bargain. Hubby ate entire meal: I took home half my pasta plate and three rolls. A good choice for us and overall, I recommend. (We had two of the most expensive entrees. You can eat for less, even without a discount.)

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is only okay but you sure get a lot of it. The service was a little slow and a guy who seem to be the owner seem to want to just try to bully us into ordering more wine.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I heard this place was good so my wife and I finally tried this new restaurant in Lincoln. The place was very busy but the 25 minute wait was more than worth it. First their home-made dinner rolls are incredible. I can't think of better bread anywhere. The entree portions are huge. I ordered the Tour of Italy and my wife had the chicken cacciatore. Both were fantastic. The dinner salads were impressive as well. The hostess and servers were prompt, and courteous. The food arrived quickly also, surprising given how busy the place was. Overall this restaurant is now one of my favorites in Lincoln.