“Awesome Food and Amazing Atmosphere”
Review of Toast

Toast
Ranked #41 of 664 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Awesome Food and Amazing Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Toast has a lot of Nebraska history, they have recycled parts of history from Omaha and Lincoln and incorporated it into there decor. The Staff at Toast is Very Friendly and very good at what they do. The staff works well together as a team. They have some of the Best food in town. I choose to spend my evening there at least once a week...I would highly suggest Toast if you are looking for something a little better than what you can buy at a National chain restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

Lincoln, NE
“Good menu, cool vibe”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Toast is a very functional and practical business acting as a coffee shop in the morning, a deli over lunch, and a bar/restaurant in the evening. The reclaimed woodwork and cabinetry add a nice touch of character. The mason jars of brew are also a nice touch. I had the Reuben sandwich with a side of southwest chicken soup. The Rueben was very good. The soup was okay, not terrible but perhaps a touch bland. If I lived closer I think this could be a regular hang out.

Visited June 2013
Chesterfield, Michigan
“Great food.. Great prices.. Great service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We are visiting Lincoln from Michigan on our way to Colorado. We just picked Toast because it was near our hotel. We were extremely happy with everything about our visit. Our server was very attentive and helpful with food and drink selections. The food was excellent! The menu has a wide variety! The cupcake desserts were the perfect end to a great meal. I would highly recommend Toast!

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“One of the most charming restaurants in Lincoln”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've been here a few times after work during the week. The interior is expansive, lots of wood inside and a cool old bar. You can walk up to the counter directly in the front a la Starbucks if you are just getting some coffee drinks or the cables are full service. It was seat yourself the days that we've been there, not sure how it is on the weekends. There are about 10 tables outside, we sat there one day to enjoy the weather.

Both times that I have ate the food was excellent. I had a turkey sandwich one night and pulled pork the other. They were both great tasting and good sized. I've seen a couple reviews complaining about the portion size of the fries, I'd say it was perfectly adequate although not heaping like you sometimes find elsewhere. More importantly, the sandwiches were excellent. I had the black Russian bread.

A nice surprise was that they also serve UNL Dairy Store ice cream. I wasn't aware you could get it off campus so that was a treat. It was reasonably price and tasted great.

Atmosphere is also very good, it was probably 75% full when we were there on a Thursday happy hour. Service was also very good.

Probably one of the better restaurants, especially for the price, in Lincoln. As Fallbrook expands further hopefully more restaurants will move in the plaza. It's also right across from a park which is nice when you have kids.

• Visited May 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Small Quantities of food served”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My first experience to the Toast was disappointing. I ordered the grilled cheese and an order of fries. I received very few fries and the sandwich was nothing special. The employees do not wear uniforms and the place is very noisy. Giving an average rating is being quite generous.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Toast? Share your experiences!