“Best Burgers I've Had Anywhere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Honest Abe's Burgers & Freedom
Ranked #2 of 646 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Best Burgers I've Had Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I kept hearing about this place so one Saturday my husband and I made the 25 minute treck through town to try it out. We were both hoping it would live up to the hype. We arrived at noon. It was packed but they kept pace and we got our food in about 15 minutes. The food was worth the drive and the wait. We both loved out burgers and agreed that the truffle fries were amazing. During the drive we tried to think if we'd ever had better burgers and we really couldn't think of any that were better. I'd go back in a second. Only tip might be to try not to go right at noon or right during peak hours.

• Visited October 2013

Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Made my first trip to Honest Abes and have been thinking of it ever since, especially the Parmesan truffle fries, you have got to try them. Good burgers with just the right amount of toppings, messy is not always better and their burgers prove it. A great local joint using great local food and all at a great price, a thumbs up in my book. Thanks Honest Abes!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank HeatherF5353
Lincoln, NE
“Honestly Fantastic Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

A very simple, straightforward menu, but very quality food! The burgers are not over-cooked and the truffle fries are a must have on every visit! I would recommend coming early as the seating is severely limited. The fact that they don't have a public restroom and you have to walk to the opposite end of the shopping mall does detract from the overall rating. Hopefully they will find a larger location to move to which will be better accommodating for the eating public.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Seasoned_Traveler084
Lincoln, NE
“Creative, Quality Burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I had been wanting to try this place for awhile. In addition to the good reviews on Tripadvisor, word of mouth referrals have been consistently excellent. I had very hi expectations after all the hype, and.......well the Burgers are pretty darn good. I had "The Greatest Burger Ever" which is essentially a bacon cheeseburger. It was very good but doesn't quite live up to it's name. I highly recommend getting creative and trying one of their rotating burgers. The unique flavors are why you should flock to Honest Abes. If you just want a regular cheeseburger it's still great but perhaps no better than Five Guys or Red Robin. The fries were excellent, I had the regular ones but again should have been a little more adventurous and tried the truffle fries. Burgers are 6.95 each with regular fries at 1.95 and truffle fries at 2.95. While not out of line it's certainly not priced to be an everyday lunch destination. All told, I'm glad I finally made it here and will definitely be back.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Jski529
Nebraska
“Gourmet burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nothing here but a slate of amazing, creative burger options plus the Parmesan truffle fries. Lines form out the door, so get there early.

Visited July 2013