“Had a great experience here...will be back!”
Review of The Sultan's Kite

The Sultan's Kite
Ranked #37 of 679 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped into this restaurant while we downtown for something else. We loved it!

You walk right in to the counter to place your order. Basically, you tell them how to build your meal. You pick a style (salad, wrap, pita or rice bowl), then a meat (gyro meat, chicken shawarma, chicken tikka korma, falafel), then veggies and sauces. They also have some side dishes that you can add to your meal. They make your meal while you watch, then you go grab a table and chow down.

The restaurant is somewhat small (maybe 10 or so tables), but I imagine being downtown, many people are taking it to go on their lunch break or a break from class. We happened to be there on a slow time, so finding a table was no problem.

Because it is downtown, parking may be an issue, unless you are already downtown for something else. There is on street parking nearby (when you can find it) and plenty of parking garages within walking distance.

It's also within reasonable walking distance from downtown attractions like the Children's Museum, the Nebraska Bookstore, and many bars

The prices are very reasonable...my boyfriend and I each got an entree and a drink and walked out of there spending just under $15 total. The service was fast, friendly and helpful. The ingredients were fresh and flavorful.

Very casual, great for a fast meal without the drive through. While it was a casual date for us, families, friends or solo travellers would all feel comfortable here.

2  Thank divinghkns

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Doesn't get much better then this for fast, but quality Greek food. Average lunch is $5-$6. Service is quick, line-style, they make it right in front of you. Try to miss the lunch rush for quicker line-time. Informal table seating, limited to about 8 tables. Friendly service.

One of my favorite lunch places in downtown Lincoln. Great, inexpensive Greek food!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Party of 5 all enjoyed our Mediterranean food. Offered sample of other dishes, and we'll be back for them next time. Close to theater for a great after movie meal. Very clean & friendly.

1  Thank carol11111
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Like I said, they don't have much, but what they do have is great. Don't go to those places on the corner that try too hard and then ignore you (as well as the quality of the food). I love the chicken korma and many people I've dined with who've gotten the falafel have become repeats. It's small but the people there are nice and you get a lot for your money.

1  Thank spisovatelka
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently tried The Sultan's Kite for a Saturday lunch. Conveniently located right on O Street in the heart of downtown Lincoln, this is a very small counter-style Mediterranian restaurant. Despite the small restaurant size, it has ample seating and was very clean. They offer a "build your own" counter, similar to a sub shop, but you choose pita, rice, salad, or wrap....then your meat....then your sauce and sides. They have some interesting variations on the traditional taziki sauce if you're looking for something a little different. I highly recommend getting the "special" that includes your entree and a side of greek style potato wedges. My gyro was good, but just a gyro....it was the potatoes that stole the show. Delicious! Ask for a side of extra taziki to go with your potatoes!