“Parking is terrible here.”

Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Nebraska
“Parking is terrible here.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and was extremely disappointed in the parking. As most hotels in downtown Lincoln you have to park in a parking garage & this one is across the street. The difference with the CM is the fact there is no walkway between the parking garage & the hotel. You have to drag your luggage across a brick street. Currently there is lots of construction in the area, so it is busy, I don't believe there is a place to park curbside or near the entrance to check in.

The first floor of the parking garage is reserved (not for the hotel guests) so you will always be at least on the 2 floor. Since there is NO ELEVATOR on the north side (hotel side) you have to carry your suit case up or down at least two flights of stairs to get to the 2nd floor. If your parking on the 3 floor its four flights of stairs carrying your suitcase. I can't image an older person or someone with a bad back going up numerous flights of stairs trying to carry a heavy suitcase. Upon leaving, my advice would be to see if the hotel will watch your bags while you get the car. Yes a hassle, but since I have a bad back & heavy suitcase - I wish I would have done that. To my knowledge there is no valet service here which would be a big plus.

In regards to the parking fee - you swipe your room key upon entering & leaving. When I left there was no one to take money. I presume the charge will show up on my credit card that used for the room. I thought I read somewhere that parking was $11.00.

The hotel is new, so yes its nice & clean - very contemporary in style. We stayed in a king room. I have to agree with another poster that the room is not designed well since you have to lay on your side to see the TV on a drawer that pulls out. The beds were very comfortable. It was nice to have a Starbucks there also but other than that I did not eat there.

The hotel itself was fine, but due to the hassle with the parking, I will probably go back to the Cornhusker if I have to stay downtown. Its much more convenient & has valet parking that I use when needed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. The city-owned parking garage offers plenty of parking across the street from the hotel and we encourage guests to pull into our loading zone directly in front of the hotel to check in and out so one does not have to carry items too far. Our property has the ability to program your room key which provides two advantages and sends the parking fee to your guestroom bill: a reserved space in a high-demand parking area and in and out privileges. While we do find challenges in the location of the garage’s elevator, we continue to pursue ways to offer better service for our guests. I assure you that we are taking your suggestions into consideration. If you would like to call me to talk more specifically about your stay, we invite you to do so. It is important to us that each of our guests leaves with an experience that encourages them to return. Your satisfaction is incredibly important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nebraska
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I made plans to attend a UNL baseball game, and this location was perfect for an overnight stay. Property is new and within convenient walking distance to Haymarket Park and all the fun in the Haymarket area. Staff was friendly, room was clean, comfortable, nicely decorated. Loved the large showerhead and, being a girl, was thrilled with the little ledge on which to put a foot for ease in shaving legs (missing in most walk-in showers). Paul Mitchell hair products. Lovely outdoor location with a cozy firepit on a chilly evening. Can't speak for the food as we opted for lunch at the ballpark, dinner at Buzzard Billy's, and a few cocktails at Zoo Bar. A wonderful day/night out. I hope to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new property. We are absolutely situated in a perfect location near all of the Husker sports venues, the University of Nebraska, restaurants and entertainment and of course the new development of Canopy Street near the Pinnacle Bank Arena. We will share your positive comments with our associates. It is very much appreciated to hear such great feedback!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I loved the hotel because it was new and in a great location. We ordered breakfast and mine was prepared and delivered flawlessly both mornings. My wife's was forgotten about (in terms of remembering to actually prepare it) TWO days in a row and it was right off the menu and not a special order. I will not bore with the details but the front desk manager did a great job of covering for bungling food service crew and credited our account for the increased "Stay for Breakfast" rate. It would have been really impressive to credit it for more! If you are coming to Lincoln for a football or basketball game I highly recommend this hotel because the room rate was reasonable in comparison to the Embassy Suites and definitely the "newness" of the property was attractive to my wife. The fire pit outside on a cool fall evening would be really nice. Go Big Red!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We continue to find ways to improve our product and service and your feedback offers us the ability to do so. We appreciate that you brought your breakfast experience to the attention of our front office manager so that we could address the situation with you while you were still here. It is important to us that our guests leave with a positive experience and want to return. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, quiet and comfortable room, and plenty of meter parking nearby that is free from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. But what makes it one of the best is that this new property has many of the small amenities that I didn't expect, like a large shower with the nozzle located so high that even the tallest guests don't have to crouch. And old guys like me really appreciate a ledge in the shower to rest my foot on while soaping up. These little surprises just kept happening and that's what made my stay great.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We agree with your assessment that this is one of the best Courtyards ever! We strive each and every day to ensure our guests’ satisfaction and appreciate you sharing your positive experience. We often hear that our beds are incredibly comfortable and that bathroom amenities exceed expectations. It truly is the little things that can make a big impact on an experience. Thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Nice new property. Proximity to all that's happening in the Haymarket area is a huge plus. Everything is within walking distance. Room was nice but odd layout. Had to pull the TV out and turn it to watch from bed. That makes it in the way when you get out of bed...odd. Loved the showers. The Starbucks and breakfast was extremely slow the two days I was there. Asked for a banana and a muffin which they said they'd bring to me. It never came. Had to go ask again. Would be way better to allow customers to get their own items.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. As you mentioned, our proximity to all the new development is very exciting! We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback about our new property. We continue to find ways to improve and suggestions such as yours are vital in allowing us to do so. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Lincoln.
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very well designed hotel rooms. Have stayed on two seperate occasions and both experiences were excellent. This hotel is necely located to the Haymarket area of town-- lot's of nightlife and botique shopping. Can easily walk to new convention center to be completed in fall 2013, University of Nebraska campus and Memorial football stadium. Floors are concrete which adds an added soud barrier for both interior and exterior noise. Bathrooms are somewhat small and have a shower only- which satisfies 98% of travelers. Parking is accross the street and up one flight of stairs (no elevator) which is inconvenient. Breakfast is not included. There is a small Satrbucks in lobby area whick offers a limited menu (My wife and I had oatmeal and a coffee for $24.00)

Room Tip: View on west is new convention center and rooms are slightly larger. North- UNL Memorial Stadium. A...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John K, General Manager at Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate your business and hope to be your hotel of choice each time you visit Lincoln. We are situated in a very exciting new development in the Historic Haymarket district. For future stays, please feel free to allow our staff to assist you in holding luggage while you retrieve your car from the garage. There is an elevator located on the Southeast corner. We would be happy to help. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Lincoln Downtown soon! Your repeat business is so important to us!
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This a a new hotel which is walking distance to down town. Has a Starbucks and yogurt breakfast bar but get there early to avoid the lines. The hotel was quiet despite being by the ice machine. The staff was friendly and helpful. Parking is $11.00 per night.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our new property. We are very proud of the facility and appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to be your hotel of choice each time you visit Lincoln. Thanks again!