“Wow! What a Collection! Go Speedy Go!”

Museum of American Speed
Ranked #1 of 73 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A must-see for all American racing fans as well as those interested in pedal cars, toys, models, guitars, lunch boxes, you name it! Speedy Bill has it all! The tour is quick-paced and you need to pay attention. Get your camera ready for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see some spectacular collectibles and restored racers from America's past. Thanks to the Smith Family for being great stewards in preserving America's racing history.

1  Thank scott w

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been to most of the auto racing museums in the country and this was the best!!
Could visit it many more times and still find new things to look at....well worth the extra effort to see it.

1  Thank EclecticTwelve
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I took the tour because my daughter works at Speedway Motors. I wanted to be assured that she was working for a good company. Through the well-versed knowledge of John, I learned SO much! My maternal grandfather owned his own garage in the early 20th century, and so the tour also brought back memories. The 2 1/2-hour experience is a must-see for anyone who has ever ridden in a vehicle! And I hope my daughter will work at Speedway for a long, long time.

1  Thank Iris D
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hi
This was a wonderful experience. Guided walk of about 3 hours with a guide who had a good overview of all the things that were in the premises. This is a museum where anyone with an interest in older American cars, engines and racing must visit.

1  Thank Ingar S
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Speedway museum is a MUST Top 10 Bucket list for Car Guys & Gals, if you enjoy collectables of any kind you too will also find this collection Amazing !!! I was so blow away by this collection I planned my return trip home 2 days later so I could stop and go through again, my daughter was making fun of me for stopping again saying “why would you stop again, there is nothing new there since you where there 2 days ago” But she was wrong, the Speedway museum had just received a new car for display.
I had a Great time and plan to return in the future. THX Bud Nicholson