“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Horizon Inn Motel

Horizon Inn Motel
Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Boston, Massachusetts
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here one night on a 7-day trek through seven state capitols. Very nice staff. Very accommodating. Although not very well organized. They had us try three different rooms as they were not sure which were clean and which had the refrigerators and microwaves in. The hallway smelled of dirty feet. The room was nice enough but the a/c was very loud --rattled. The breakfast in the morning was the basic minimum. I don't think I would stay here again especially with a child but I do think I got what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MammaKin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mcallen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stay here each year when we come from South Texas to visit our family. This year we stayed for eight nights. The location is very convenient with easy on and off I-80. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The owner and staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank vellou
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Was in Lincoln for a conference. Since I rented a car, I thought I might as well find a place that's cheaper than the conference hotel. Horizon Inn popped into view at another website. Hey, at 40 a night, what is there to loose? It turned out to be nicer than I expected. Other than being next to the railroad track and that wifi didn't work so well, everything was much much better than what one might expect from a fleabag motel. It is very close to I-80 and the airport. So if I ever drive by Lincoln again, I'll definitely choose it.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Linbeiwuji
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Found a double room for $60 (at a military rate) at the end of a long road trip day. Neighboring holiday inn and comfort inn wanted double that for their line remaining rooms (suites, I believe) so we went with this property. Room was clean, bed comfortable, was perfectly nice enough. Walls and breakfast were both thin, but the service was great and the AC worked. Would stay again for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DwatsonB
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was a little apprehensive especially for the price of $42. However my room was super clean. I was glad that there was not a gross comforter on the bed when I went in just sheets. The room was super clean, it was nothing fancy, but it was great. Breakfast was very simple, but waffles were great. Desk staff was friendly. Only downside was that there was only 2 pillows on the bed.

Room Tip: I was on first floor on the backside. There is a adult store on the front side kinda off to the side...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Anna P
Aurora, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Was unsure of what to expect with the mixed reviews I had read. Upon walking into the lobby I was thrown off by an unusual smell. At first I thought the smell was body odor, but after coming back later I realized it had to be something else as the smell was still present and the desk staff had changed.

The room was adequate, furnished with a bed, tube style tv, fridge, microwave, small table & 2 chairs, blow dryer, air conditioner/heat, alarm clock, ironing board, and lots of lamps. I thoroughly inspected the room before setting any of my things down. It was surprisingly clean!

The bed is what I expected of an older motel, firm and bouncy. Similar to other reviews, I was very thrown off and ultimately turned off by the "make shift comforter" which consisted of a fuzzy felt looking blanket sandwiched in between 2 flat sheets. Personally, this was not enough of a blanket for me. I ended up sleeping on top of the covers with a blanket I had bought from Walmart (knew I should've packed one). The fitted sheet on the box spring (yes, there was actually a box spring!) was stained or soiled so I pulled it off before calling it a night. The pillows must have been fairly new as they were much more comfortable than most which get lumpy after lots of use.

The halls and lobby were about what I expected- for what I paid anyway. The guy at the front desk was nice and offered to help me figure out how to connect to the Internet when I was having troubles.
The walls are thin, but no worse than any other budget motel in my opinion. I stayed on a Tuesday night so there wasn't an abundance of other guests. The heater was difficult to regulate, it would either be too cold or too warm as it ran constantly. Although, I would rather have it run constantly than it kicking on and off throughout the night.

The continental breakfast is simple but adequate for no more than what I paid for the night. Waffles, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, milk, coffee, and orange juice.

Overall, I would say this is a fair value for a budget motel at $40 plus tax through Priceline. A clean place to crash for the night.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Singh2009
Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

For $39 a night this hotel is a steal. The comments about bad smells and those types of things are old. The interior hallways are clean and the carpet looks almost new. The rooms won't blow you away with flat screen TVs, etc., but they are clean and well kept up. The check-in was very friendly and easy. I typically stay at Holiday Inn Express and there is one a half mile away from here, but this was a no-brainer at a minimum of $50-$60 less a night. If you need a nice place to sleep and get a shower in the morning, this is it. Keep it up and I'll keep coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business