“Excellent wings”
Review of The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole
Ranked #338 of 669 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Coworkers and myself found this place trying to decide where to eat while in town for business. The inside of the bar is real nice and clean. It would be good for lunch, dinner or as a evening hang out. The amount of beers that they have on tap is exceptional. The waiter and bar staff were both courteous and helpful.
I had the asian wings and chili cheese fries. The wings were excellent. The flavor was delicious and the wings were hearty and meaty. Definitely high quality wings! The chili cheese fries were good as well. The chili was tasty. The waffle fries work well with this appetizer and made it much easier to pick up the chili and cheese. The food was good enough to make me want to go back for their tacos. The next time I am in town, I am definitely going back to this place.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

When visiting The Watering Hole I tend to be a bit close-minded. I never vary, change or try new items. The reason? Their char-grilled wings are the best I've ever had. They come out piping hot and are the size of a balled fist. Sorry I don't have any feedback on any other items or atmosphere, but when I enter the double doors of the Watering Hole I always seem to get "tunnel-vision."

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This used to be a great place for wings and a favorite of mine for many years. Not sure what happened but it isn't what it once was. The service was slow and there was only about ten people in there. We ordered some grilled wings and they were kind of burnt and not good. There were bugs flying around and a couple landed in the food. Sad, but after enjoying this place for so many years we will not return.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you're carving wings, head to The Watering Hole. They are expensive, and the remodel they did a year or so ago is nice. -Not quite the same "charm" as the old place, but I don't really miss the old water stains on the ceiling. Ask for the grilled, and extra crispy if you are like me and don't really like wings where the skin isn't cooked as well and is still chewy.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent place in downtown Lincoln to sit back and relax, had a great dinner with my daughter. Food was great and great choice of adult beverages.