“New Years Eve”
Review of Greta's Gourmet

Greta's Gourmet
Ranked #74 of 657 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: American, German
Description: Greta's Gourmet is Lincoln's Choice for full-service catering and concierge butcher.
Lincoln, Nebraska
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family got filets at Greta's for New Years Eve. Knew we wanted something special!! They were absolutely amazing!! We paid half of what we would have had we gone out that night and they were twice as good. So lucky to have this place in Lincoln

• Visited December 2013
Kevin M, Owner at Greta's Gourmet, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for stopping in! We're glad you had a great experience!

Firth, NE
“Is what it is”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First, this isn't like any "restaurant" I have ever been to. It is more of a specialty meat store. They have display cases and sell meat cuts to be taken home to cook. The side dishes are extremely limited to potato chips, baked beans, or a few cold salads. Drinks are limited too, to bottled water, imported sodas, or a small selection of canned soda. It would be fantastic if they would at least provide a glass of water. You order at the counter and sit down. The owner brought us our meals when they were done being prepared. It would be nicer if their was a wait staff, especially at their prices. My husband had one of their burgers and it was way over done. I do not think a burger should EVER be prepared well done, unless someone specifies it that way. It was black on the outside and very dry on the inside. He was not impressed. I had the ribs and chicken wings. They were smoked and were FANTASTIC! I would go back but am afraid I would have to go alone, or find someone else to go with. There are so much room for improvement here. I would start with hiring a small wait staff, offering water (in a glass), and perhaps fountain soda. Asking how someone would like their burger prepared would be a good idea too. I get the few offerings in sides, as offering much else would require more equipment and cooks. They are mostly a meat market, and a restaurant as an after thought.

• Visited September 2013
Winter Park, Florida
“Burger Blessedness”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My friend raved about the blue cheese crumble burger while I was in Lincoln so we made the trip to Greta's. It definitely does not look like a typical burger joint on the outside and is a combination of a deli meets butcher shop. The blue cheese crumble burger was very good. With the burger came a bean soup that really was more what I'd call chili, which was superb as well. My friend told me that the burger I had was rated second best in Nebraska, and I think I'd agree.

• Visited October 2013
New Mexico
“Rated high for good reason”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great food and great staff. We visited here because it was rated highly in many forums and Lincoln newspapers. My spouse had their chorizo bratwurst and it was excellent. I had their half sandwich (chicken salad on a croissant) with potato and pork soup. The chicken salad was fine but the soup was amazingly good. My spouse purchased some of their house seasonings and teas on the way out. The teas were also good but we willl have to wait till we get home to try the seasonings.

• Visited August 2013
“Sadly disappointed”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped by on our way home to KC. Read the positive reviews online and thought we'd try the burgers. My Greta Burger was crispy black on the outside and tasted burnt, the mustard potato salad was very bland, and caprese salad was below average. Service was
also disappointing. Prior to receiving our meal, the cook came around and handed out samples to everyone except us.
The atmosphere was like eating at a meat market. Staring at and smelling raw meat during a meal is not very appetizing. The price was terrible $28 for 2 burger meals and "gourmet" soda. Definitely should have kept driving.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Crossingthecountry

Been to Greta's Gourmet? Share your experiences!