“Not worth the time and $$$, unfortunately.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Not worth the time and $$$, unfortunately.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I had been wanting to visit this restaurant in South Lincoln for a while, so we chose to dine at Aura at lunch yesterday. We arrived shortly after 12:30pm. We were seated within 5 minutes. However, it took at least 15 minutes for anyone to bring us even water, then another 10 minutes or so to get my coffee with cream and my husband's watered-down Diet Coke. He even ordered ANOTHER one (which took a while) and it was STILL watered down! Not very good for a place that has 'bar' in its name. We ordered our meal which included a salad. That took another 15 minutes to come (salad only). They were fine, but nothing outstanding. The entree came about 15 minutes later... My husband ordered a crab macaroni and cheese. (The accompanying garlic bread was the best part for him.) It was bland and the sauce was runny, not thick like one would expect. My yellowfin tuna was a little overdone, but the flavor was fine, as were the grilled vegetables and the rice. Another 10-15 minutes were spent waiting for the check to arrive. By the time we left the restaurant, we had been there over an hour and a half! Too long to wait for such lackluster service and unimpressive food.

The only reason I can think that they would stay in business is that Aura is the Holiday Inn's provider for in-house breakfasts and room service. Also, they cater the events in the hotel as well. Otherwise, if Aura was a stand-alone restaurant, it wouldn't survive.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank pigg1961

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Loud Ambiance, Good/Bad Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I tried Aura for a second time this last weekend. I had forgotten how loud the restaurant was. They really need to put in some sound proofing so you can hear each other talk. Although my entree was wonderful Chicken Bocco with garlic mashed potatoes, my wife's crab cake appetizer tasted more like cornmeal than crab meat. The service was acceptable but not outstanding.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Steve B
Nebraska
“My favorite restaurant in Lincoln, NE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have eaten here 5 times. This place is fantastic. Considering it is a restaurant in a business-class (not luxury) hotel, the restaurant is even more impressive. Tonight I had the sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and onion straws and all was very good. Not the best cut of steak, but everything else was very good. My wife had a burger that had candied bacon and a egg over easy on it and she loved it. The kids meals are good, especially the burger, it is the same sized burger that they serve adult patrons - very impressive. I have had, on other occasions, the rueben, a chicken dish, and something else I do not recall, and every time the food is quite good. This restaurant has a creative chef, not just a cook. The Aura salad has a vanilla vinaigrette that is very good and comes as a side with the entrees. Prices are fair - in the $8 - $10 range for sandwiches and burgers and $12 - $20 for entrees. Service is friendly and atmosphere is average, but the food is the highlight.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jason G

Been to Aura? Share your experiences!