“Close to highway”
Review of Motel 6 Lincoln

Motel 6 Lincoln
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was close to the highway which is great for traveling. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was good and the staff was helpful. It is also close to places to eat, especially Cracker Barrel which had really good food.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My entire family woke up with bed bug bites. There was stains on the sheets not to count the little blood marks in the morning from the bites. Terrible odor in the room. Very run down hotel. Time for some updates Best Western!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Geneva A
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When traveling if possible we prefer Best Western we always have, we like their services they offer very clean &confy beds.We nave family in Arizona and every time we go visit we always use BestWestern .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I don't normally use the hotel swimming pool, but I was traveling with my young son and he wanted to swim. First, though, let me start with the hotel and the room. The hotel entrance was a bit tricky to find. The hotel is right on a major road, but you have to go around behind the hotel on another street to get to it and the entrance was not clearly marked. The exterior and lobby of the hotel were nice. Entering the room, it was clean, but had an odd odor - not smoke or pets, but something we couldn't put our finger on. We got used to it soon enough and then didn't notice it anymore. So far so good, and if that was all we did, the hotel would have received excellent reviews from us. But we went to the pool and that is where the rating goes way down. The pool water was dark and murky but I figured it was taken care of by professionals so it should have been OK. My son and I got in and swam for a bit, but I wanted to try the hot tub. I walked over to it and tried to turn on the jets/bubbles and it wouldn't work. Then I looked at the water in the hot tub and it was an odd shade of yellow. That was a bit scary. My son went back in the pool and I joined him and then we noticed the smell - not chlorine, but almost musty smelling. Another boy got in the pool and his dad told him not to put his head under the water and that is when we decided we better get out. As we walked back to our room, we started getting itchy all over. We ran back and each took a long shower to get the pool water off of us. When I stepped out of the shower, I felt like I was going to fall through the floor. It was seriously bowed and the tiles were loose and the grout was cracked and chipped. Everything else about the hotel was great. Especially the breakfast. There was a lot to choose from and the one woman running the entire thing was a complete professional - refilling and restocking, helping everyone that needed help, and doing it all with a smile. So while the room and hotel were mostly nice, the pool and spa and the bathroom floor really turned me off of this hotel. If I hadn't used the pool, it would probably have received a better rating from me, but after the pool and bathroom floor, I wondered what else might not have been taken care of properly . . .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was a very good hotel. Rooms and bedding were excellent. Location is far east in Lincoln. Close to I-80 but if you want to do things in downtown or south Lincoln it is a long drive. No good restaurants near it, just fast food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family