“Like things clean? Don't stay here....”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed October 19, 2007

The hotel staff was friendly and the price seemed right for this hotel.... It was homecoming weekend at the University so we had few options for a hotel. I found this one online and thought, what the heck, the price seems ok. However, the carpet in the room was stained and filthy. I was afraid to let my son walk barefoot on the carpet. In fact, we all wore our socks and our socks were filthy from the carpet. The room was a non-smoking room, but it had obviously been smoked in and the smell had somewhat been covered up by some industrial strength cleaner that made our clothes stink. There was a hole in the screen in the window. The phone was not hooked into the wall, and when I tried to find the plug in, I discovered a ton of dust and debris behind the stand the phone was on. There was a bunch of hair behind the bathroom door (nasty). The rubber bath mat had some mildew on the front. I was going to put it in the tub when I gave my two year old a bath, but I turned it over and found the back of it covered with black, slimy, thick mildew. I put it by the trash can for house keeping to find and they just put it back in the tub the next day. We would have checked out, but I was afraid we wouldn't find a place to stay. Plus, we had a ton of family in town and we didn't really have time to be searching for a hotel. If you're trying to save money and you don't really care about the condition of the room, then this place is ok. However, if you like things clean and comfortable this is not the place.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank epn76

Reviewed May 6, 2007

I booked this hotel when everything in Omaha was reserved thanks to Warren Buffet's stockholder meeting and some major air circus being held the same weekend. After travelling 50+ miles from Omaha I found an old hotel with paint peeling, incredibly hard matresses, exterior entrances, lots of road noise, TVs with no remotes, bathroom fixtures that needed repair, and so on. The room was failry clean and was only $55, which is why it gets two stars instead of one. I fail to understand why national chains allow places like this to be part of their portfolio, because I will not bother to look at Travelodge again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Middle-aged_Madman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2003

I booked this room on the Travelodge website. My husband and I chose a room with 2 queen beds, non-smoking. When we arrived we noticed that the place looked a little run down. We checked in and then headed to our room. The room was smoking instead of non. The carpets were horribly stained and blackened. There was wallpaper missing and coming off the walls. The phone jack was hanging off the wall. The far worst thing was one of the beds had not been changed. I pulled back the blankets and the sheets were wrinkly with hair everywhere. Gross! And, to top everything off, there was a small airport nearby and jet planes flew over until midnight. It sounded like they were landing right on our roof. There is no way I'll ever stay here again.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member