“Satisfied” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Lincoln
Illinois
“Satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Stayed two separate nights. Both times found the rooms to be clean, cozy, very quiet. Enjoyed the breakfast too. During my second check-in the clerk took his time to come to the front desk and sent me to an unclean room the first time around, however, he gave me a discounted rate because of this and called the room to see if it was satisfactory.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Lincoln West, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for your positive comments on your stay with us and I apologize that you were checked into a dirty room but I am pleased that our Desk Clerk took care of the issue.

We are glad that you enjoyed the room and breakfast and we do hope to be your choice for another overnight stay in the future. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this motel with my brother and sister-in-law. Attending the event with us and staying in this same motel were 6 other friends.

The motel is conveniently located for events on the west side of Lincoln. Clean rooms, fast and easy check in. Fairly quiet. Easy access to a major street thru Lincoln. The bed was comfortable and the pillow was great. The continental breakfast was minimally acceptable ~ cereal, toast, english muffins, waffle press, yogurt, "Otis Spunkmeyer" muffins, apples and oranges. The cereal choice was cheerios and fruit loops. I would have liked raison bran, but no.

We had an eventful time upon returning to the motel on the second nite of our stay. At 11:30 pm someone tried to enter my brother's room. The front desk had assigned his room to another guest. Perhaps the people had gone to the wrong room, but upon calling the front desk, my brother was told that they had checked out (which obviously they had not). Their room keys still worked when we arrived back at the motel 30 minutes earlier, so we wonder how they thought that the room was vacant. Then, upon checking out, my brother did not initially receive the room discount that we were to receive upon presenting a special discount coupon. After two attempts, the desk clerk got it entered correctly.

I would recommend this motel to family and friends however because overall our stay was acceptable for the price paid.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Lincoln West, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
We appreciate very much your group staying with us. We are pleased that your check in went smoothly and that you found our beds comfortable. I appreciate the comments on the breakfast and we will certainly evaluate the cereal selection.

I apologize for the problems your brother encountered during his stay and these issues will be addressed with our staff. It is our goal to always give our guests a clean and comfortable stay at a great value. We are sorry that we did not meet the expectations. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

After a long day of driving, it was nice to encounter a friendly front desk person. I chose this hotel because it was close to the freeway and allows pets. For the price, it was a very good deal. The room was clean and nice enough, even had a fridge. Good selection of television channels. The breakfast was more than I expected, and a nice start to the day. I was traveling alone, and felt totally safe in this motel and outside when walking the dogs.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CarolMakoui, Manager at Super 8 Lincoln West, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Thank you so mauch for your cooment on our property. We pride ourselves in a very clean motel and friendly professional staff. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt safe with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to have you stay with us again when traveling through Lincoln.
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

This Super 8 was conveniently located and a welcome sight for a weary traveler. The room was clean and comfortable; had in-room coffee; and a refrigerator. The gal behind the counter pointed out a nice local steakhouse for me and was very helpful. My only complaint (and it was probably more of a complaint from people near my room) was that when I turned the shower head more from massage to spray, it made a loud sound like a jet engine (probably from air in the pipe line or something). It got better as I went, but it still may have upset some people nearby since it was 4:30 a.m. A small matter in an otherwise wonderful hotel for the money. Super 8's are awesome!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2007

In a very isolated part of town - no restaurants nearby. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful, but the room was awful. Smelled funny, dirty and I was half afraid to expose my skin to the sheets. Also noisy with other guests. Bed was uncomfortable as well. Worst place we have stayed in the last 20 years!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2003

We have stayed at the Super 8 West in Lincoln, Nebraska many times and find that it is a very nice place to stay for the money. It was alway clean and neat and the breakfast that they served was very nice. The help was alway friendly and helpful to us. It is not a FANCY motel but clean and neat.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member