“Unfortunate!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lincoln
Ranked #49 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Resident staff was very mechanical and not very pleasant. First room assigned was completely missing the internal door lock. It looked like some one may have kicked in the door causing the hardware to go flying. The front desk reassigned use into another room just across the room from the previous room, and to our surprise, that room's internal lock was busted but dangling on the door. It gave us the uneasy impression that someone had come on to the floor and started kicking down doors of occupied rooms. Since it was very late, we desired to leverage a chair up against the door and try to rest. In the morning noticed all the security camera view on displayed at the front desk. It is unfortunate the proper and timely maintenance is not being done.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor rooms with kicked in and mangled door hardware.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My sister really enjoyed her stay their, and the pool ,hot tub, staff very nice. My sister was here for a funeral. She needed this good treatment. Thank you. John

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
ashokamin, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked a room and a rollaway, however the rollaway was too big and not enough room to move around. My kids do not sleep in the same bed, my son is tall and he needs to stretch out. My son slept on the window seat, which was okay, but too short for a tall person. We should have been given a room that would accommodate the rollaway or a suite with 2 queens and pull out couch.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I am glad to hear that overall we meet your needs. In regards to the rollaway situation we apologize as that is the size of most typical rollaways and with us having smaller room sizes at an affordable rate it can create that problem. The one plus with Microtel's is the window seal acts as an additional bed for smaller children. We hope you would consider us again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was clean. They do need some new towels. The room was so small, we barely had room to open a suitcase. Was inexspensive. Wouldn't stay there again. the breakfast wasn't much. It is off the road so, it was quiet. There is a large buisness across the street but it did not matter.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gottrips

I am sorry to hear that room size was not to your liking in the future keep mind we do have suites available that have more space. In addition, we have a contential breakfast that we feel is on par with all other microtels as well as all competitors in our sectors. We hope you would consider us again in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had to cancel the day of my stay. According to my reservation, I had until 6 pm the day of to cancel. I called around 3 pm and was very rudely told their policy was different and I needed to "prove" my ability to cancel by sending a copy of my reservation in. I was able to call Microtel's main number and cancel this way. However, despite the cancellation, I was charged anyway but this horrible management! The person I spoke with was extremely antagonistic and was insisting I wasn't telling the truth - I'm glad I was not able to stay! I can't imagine someone with such poor customer service running a hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

As we arrived at this location, I was initially disappointed at the appearance of the outside of the building. However, the room itself was very good, though very small. It was clean, had good shower and water pressure, fridge and microwave. And everything worked well such as the air conditioning. The complimentary breakfast was so-so. All in all, this property was better than I could have hoped for what we paid.