“I was upgraded???”

Ranked #48 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
COTTAGE GROVE
“I was upgraded???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel I was told I would receive an upgrade. When I got to my room, the door handle appeared to be broken (it worked when the key was inserted). The room was definitely a smoking room but I asked for non smoking. I just accepted it at the insisting of my girlfriend. The odor of the room was persistent and my sister asked me if I started smoking due to how my clothes smelled after hanging out in the room. On the bed, the pillows were small and there were only three of them. It would have been nice to have a fourth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

ashokamin, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lincoln, responded to this review, October 11, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
SIOUX CITY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was so small, strains on the bedding it didn't look like it had been vacuumed or dusted for weeks. We were only there for one night to go to a husker football game wich was very close but would never stay in this hotel chain again!#! Oh and there were bugs in the hot tub and mold in the bottom off the hamper for your towels! Not what I expected for almost 100 bucks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank JOHNATHAN H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here on my move across country and was up the entire night worried about my car being broken into. We went outside several times to find several very sketchy characters loitering in the parking lot and actually saw a car filled with young people come into the parking lot and survey the cars. Honestly, pay a little extra money and stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank sfgiants_girl86
salina kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

For the price, this is a nice and clean hotel. The room was clean and nice sized. The check in staff was friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast had a nice selection to choose from. We would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

For the price this is a great place to stay. We had stayed here last year July 2011 for 4 days. There was outdated wall paper and a big boxed tv. The room was clean but the overall look was not great. We are now here again almost a year later and the wall are painted with earth toned colors (including the check in area) The boxed tv has been replaced by a flat screen. Checked in and the rooms where clean. We had a suit with a fridge, microwave, sink above along with cabinet space. I love the very long window seat. Im 5' 10 and my husband is 6' 1. We can both fit and its very comfy! there is a nice stand up dresser that is great for keeping clothes hung up and out of sight. Also has a 2 person deck with lots of space. Bathroom is large....toilet seemed to have some cleaner or something left in it but flushed down right away. We don't use it but there is an iron and ironing bored in the room...got a great room with space and a coach. ONLY THING THAT SEEMED TO BE A PROBLEM IS THE COUCH IS A BIT CLOSE TO THE CABINET.

Same guy working the desk as last year. nice guy and is so willing to get you what you need.

Room also had a small divider between bed an couch.

We would and are staying here again!!

Room Tip: Go with the suite! Its like $10 or $20 bucks more and you get the fridge, microwave, couch and just...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hagersville, On
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

While our room was, for the most part, clean (I know how to check the bed), the hallway and front entryway were very dirty and stained. The furnishings in the entryway are quite nice but you could write your name in the layer of dust on the table and lamp shades. I watched in horror as a member of the housekeeping staff sprayed the glass-top table with some kind of cleaning solution into the dust to make for a smeared mess. She tried, unsuccessfully, to clean it off :( Both mornings that we were there, the housekeeping staff cleaned the rooms and piled the trash (sometimes raw garbage) in the hallway and beside the front desk all day while they continued to strip beds and vacuum the rooms. It was really quite disgusting to return to the hotel from an afternoon in the city to find piles of garbage at the front desk :( I believe proper training of the housekeeping staff could make all the difference. Teach these hardworking people how to clean!!

Room Tip: I would not stay at this hotel again unless I was assured that the cleaning staff had been trained b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I always wonder, when I read terrible reviews, if my standards are so much lower than most peoples.
While this certainly isn't one of the best places I've stayed, it's really not that bad. You get what you pay for. The location and overall condition are fine. It could use some more thorough cleaning in the nooks and crannies, but the bed and bathroom were very clean.

• Stayed March 2012